«I Killed My Sister»

This area is for friendly discussions only. Post in a more relaxed setting without fear of being attacked. No sensitive topics allowed and strictly no debating!
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

«I Killed My Sister»

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Today, I was tidying up the cell of a detainee who had just been transferred to another prison when I found a series of notes she had written to herself. Here is the first of those notes, written as she wrote them, errors and all. I'll change only the names of people and places to preserve her identity. English is her second language.

«Nov. 9. 15. Monday. 2.30pm

when I was about 16 almost 17. I got arrested for the first time. my problem is, my sister got killed by his husband. i remember when my sister was saying to me. «Mary please dont leave me if you go. my husband will kill me» and then. I said «im going out only if he fell asleep.» and the.next day.Priest came to my g'parents place. I was in the kitchen and i heard some priest say to my g'parent «your g'child got murdered by his husband» and i ran to the room crying a lot. Same priest came and then i said to him «It's all my fault bcuz she don't want me to leave her last night.» I was very shaking and crying a lot. thinking about what she said to me. I was wrong...couple of weeks later, I was become alcoholic thinking about my sister for a year. and always go to jail twice a week. and i could'nt control myself for 2 years. One day, i was pray to god «please god help me. I can't do this anymore. Can you give a beautiful children? It would help me a lot» and then a couple of months i found i was pregnant.. I was so happy, and i said to god Thank you god for answering my question! I was so amazed! Now, I have a beautiful daughter her name is Jane. I was sober for 10 months. but I finally drank of alcool a week ago and then I got arrested. Not again.

fkn disgusting detention
I miss my daughter
alcohol ruin everything
Alcohol never solved anything not even one piece!»
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: «I Killed My Sister»

Post by Nessa »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Today, I was tidying up the cell of a detainee who had just been transferred to another prison when I found a series of notes she had written to herself
*italics mine
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Unless you have permission to post that here by the author, then what right do you have to share it on the internet?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Maybe she left it for FL to find because she knew he had a drinking problem?
Oops. Sorry FL, I'm not sure if I should have shared that. :P

PS. As a side, I feel for the woman. Evidently emotionally distraught and in need of support.
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

Nessa wrote:Unless you have permission to post that here by the author, then what right do you have to share it on the internet?
To be fair though Nessa, it could be a letter from anyone, anywhere.
Why was it left behind? Why didn`t she destroy it?

Maybe she deliberately left it, as a cry for help, as a warning, or just to share.

Personally, and I stress this is me personally, I wouldn`t have posted it BUT I don`t think FL was wrong to do so, if he hadn`t changed the names etc then maybe it would be different.

If her letter helps one person, isn`t it worth sharing it?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

OK...I can't address Nessa's concerns without compromising other stuff, so I won't. In any event, she's missing the forest for the tree right in front of her nose.

The woman left 3 letters in all. The next letter will be posted in about 12 hours...set your alarm clocks.

Questions you may want to ask yourself:

1. What do these letters teach me?
2. Is there an example to follow or avoid?
3. Is there a warning?
4. Which truths are revealed?
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

"My sister got killed by his husband"????

She got killed by some gay man's husband?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:OK...I can't address Nessa's concerns without compromising other stuff, so I won't. In any event, she's missing the forest for the tree right in front of her nose.

The woman left 3 letters in all. The next letter will be posted in about 12 hours...set your alarm clocks.

1. What do these letters teach me? That life is precious, a gift and that we suffer sometimes. That God is always there, there is always hope.
2. Is there an example to follow or avoid? Yes, both. There is a raw honesty there.
3. Is there a warning? Yep
Where do I start? Her pain, her guilt, her love, her faith. And love. That letter is full of love.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

I guess I'd just never share someones private writings word for word on the internet.
Regardless of whether I stumbled across them or someone shared them privately with me in confidence.

Could this woman just be anyone with no name attached? Thats not really what I was getting at.
The point is, she is someone with private thoughts and feelings that should be respected.

Im a little suprised here that people wouldnt mind any of their own private writings posted in another forum, word for word, as long they werent known there.

Clearly I don't know the full story which was why I questioned it.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:OK...I can't address Nessa's concerns without compromising other stuff, so I won't. In any event, she's missing the forest for the tree right in front of her nose.

1. What do these letters teach me?
2. Is there an example to follow or avoid?
3. Is there a warning?
Im not saying.that the notes may not be helpful to post. Im just saying that maybe she should know thats all. Or better yet, just ask her if she minded. But again, I dont know the full story.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

But people do it all the time Nessa, I`m not saying that makes it right, or even that I agree with FL posting it BUT I`m glad he did. I took something from that letter and if it was me, I`d be stoked that it helped someone, even just one person.
As for if someone posted anything I`d written on the internet I wouldn`t mind. Writing, for me, should be shared.

And.... how far do you take this? Is it okay to post something someone said for instance? Or do you/should you seek permission?

(I am not disagreeing for the sake of it, and I don`t necessarily think you`re wrong in what you`re saying, I am just curious as to why you feel that way)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:
Nessa wrote:Unless you have permission to post that here by the author, then what right do you have to share it on the internet?
To be fair though Nessa, it could be a letter from anyone, anywhere.
Why was it left behind? Why didn`t she destroy it?

Maybe she deliberately left it, as a cry for help, as a warning, or just to share.

Personally, and I stress this is me personally, I wouldn`t have posted it BUT I don`t think FL was wrong to do so, if he hadn`t changed the names etc then maybe it would be different.

If her letter helps one person, isn`t it worth sharing it?
We cant assume she.wanted it read unless she has made that known.
Last edited by Nessa on Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

By the same token though, we can`t assume she didn`t want it read either.

I just feel like if she wanted it kept private it wouldn`t have been left behind. I could be totally wrong but maybe she left it because she did want it to be read?

(Will come back to this later, gotta shoot off home)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

S T, I understand that some people may not mind their writing being shared word for word, but others do mind.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

Storyteller wrote:By the same token though, we can`t assume she didn`t want it read either.

I just feel like if she wanted it kept private it wouldn`t have been left behind. I could be totally wrong but maybe she left it because she did want it to be read?

(Will come back to this later, gotta shoot off home)
Im not trying to assume, Im saying lets not guess her motives or wants til we know.

I may not agree with FL, but I dont want to keep derailing the thread from his original intent.

And thinking about it now, I should have just pmed FL to get a better understanding about where he was coming from in the first place. So the thread wasnt derailed at all. So Im sorry FL.

So back to the original intent...