GodAndScience.org vs GotQuestions. org, which one is better?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Bluejay4
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

GodAndScience.org vs GotQuestions. org, which one is better?

Post by Bluejay4 »

In my personal opinion both GotQuestions and Answers in Genesis are complete rubbish and bollocks, while this site and CARM.org are the go to choices for proper Christian Apologetics.
“I fear no man. If you breathe oxygen, I do not fear you.” – Conor McGregor

"Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Re: GodAndScience.org vs GotQuestions. org, which one is better?

Post by Mallz »

Personally, I like gotquestions.org and haven't found erroneous doctrine (not saying there isn't). Why don't you like it?
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Bluejay4 wrote:In my personal opinion both GotQuestions and Answers in Genesis are complete rubbish and bollocks, while this site and CARM.org are the go to choices for proper Christian Apologetics.
I did'nt know about CARM.org and don't know much about GotQuestions but Answers in Genesis irritates me.

Here are some old earth web-sights dedicated to refuting Creation Science.
http://www.oldearth.org/trex_soft_tissue.htm
http://aigexposed.com/
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Bluejay4
Recognized Member

Post by Bluejay4 »

Mallz wrote:Personally, I like gotquestions.org and haven't found erroneous doctrine (not saying there isn't). Why don't you like it?
Maybe I was coming off to strong when I called them rubbish, but what really bugs me about them is that they cherry pick what scientists or theories agree with them and then bash on any dissenting ideologies or theories.
“I fear no man. If you breathe oxygen, I do not fear you.” – Conor McGregor

"Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Bluejay4 wrote:
Mallz wrote:Personally, I like gotquestions.org and haven't found erroneous doctrine (not saying there isn't). Why don't you like it?
Maybe I was coming off to strong when I called them rubbish, but what really bugs me about them is that they cherry pick what scientists or theories agree with them and then bash on any dissenting ideologies or theories.
don't know how about the science part of the gotquestions.org site, but when it comes to bible i find it as a good source of verses and explanation.

Maybe you can give us an example of bad science there?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
Mallz
Advanced Senior Member

Post by Mallz »

Ahhh.. I haven't used that site for anything related to science/scientific theories. Just theology. Haven't seen any bashing in their theological articles. So.. I guess I wouldn't know!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I had a huge issue with Gotquestions, regarding their page on Old Earth Creationism.

They've since updated it.

Overall, they're pretty good theologically.

But scientifically, you need to remember they're YEC. Nuff said.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

IMO, an apologetics site should stick to expressing correct orthodox doctrine, explaining why there may be different views and how they came to be WITHOUT taking sides.
They should also comment on when an incorrect view is presented about the Christian religion.
It should not be making cases for things that are not explicit or even implicit in the bible.
When it comes to addressing issue that science MAY be used for then they need to KNOW science and then they must reconcile it with what is KNOW about scripture and not try to invent things to try and protect scripture.

The word of God does NOT need protecting, He IS The WORD.

All an apologetics site should do is point out when science is being used wrongly to undermine scripture by people that are ignorant of the correct meaning of scripture.