Christian websites for kids?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Christian websites for kids?

Post by Storyteller »

Okay...

My daughter is starting to ask questions about God and my faith. I tell her whatever I can, honestly, but does anyone know of any good websites for kids and religion that she can explore? Apart from this one of course :D
Right now she says she doesn`t believe in God as at 10 she is too busy living but she is curious so I want to find a really good site that will encourage her to explore faith.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
theophilus
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Christian websites for kids?

Post by theophilus »

Here is one:

https://answersingenesis.org/kids/

You might be able to find more sites at the Child Evangelism site:

http://www.cefonline.com/
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

theophilus wrote:Here is one:

https://answersingenesis.org/kids/

You might be able to find more sites at the Child Evangelism site:

http://www.cefonline.com/
Thank you y>:D<

I will show them to her later, see what she thinks.
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Yes Annette. Show her answersingenesis, so she can read stories of how dinosaurs roamed the earth with man, 6,000 years ago. That way she will equate anti-science, with Christianity. And that may lead her away from God. :roll:

Then, you can schedule a vacation in Kentucky, for the ark project. That way she can see first hand how crazy Christians are!

If you can't tell I was being sarcastic, I was. Please don't tell her to look at answersingenesis. She doesn't meet to be subjected to young earth dogmatism at her age.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

RickD wrote:Yes Annette. Show her answersingenesis, so she can read stories of how dinosaurs roamed the earth with man, 6,000 years ago. That way she will equate anti-science, with Christianity. And that may lead her away from God. :roll:

Then, you can schedule a vacation in Kentucky, for the ark project. That way she can see first hand how crazy Christians are!

If you can't tell I was being sarcastic, I was. Please don't tell her to look at answersingenesis. She doesn't meet to be subjected to young earth dogmatism at her age.
So its that good?

Will check them out first :)
Bluejay4
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Bluejay4 »

GotQuestions.com for theological questions and CARM.org for everything else.
“I fear no man. If you breathe oxygen, I do not fear you.” – Conor McGregor

"Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Bluejay4 wrote:GotQuestions.com for theological questions and CARM.org for everything else.
Thanks bluejay :)
Bluejay4
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Bluejay4 »

Storyteller wrote:
Bluejay4 wrote:GotQuestions.com for theological questions and CARM.org for everything else.
Seriously though don't let your child venture off to all the science articles on GotQuestions, and even keep a watchful eye on her while on CARM. They're mostly OK as far as science is concerned, but I'm pretty sure there also a Young Earth Creationist site.
“I fear no man. If you breathe oxygen, I do not fear you.” – Conor McGregor

"Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1
Storyteller
Ultimate Member

Post by Storyteller »

Bluejay4 wrote:
Storyteller wrote:
Seriously though don't let your child venture off to all the science articles on GotQuestions, and even keep a watchful eye on her while on CARM. They're mostly OK as far as science is concerned, but I'm pretty sure there also a Young Earth Creationist site.
I will check them all out before I let her loose on any of them. Thanks!

As for YEC, I don`t even know what I believe in that regard, and to me it`s a secondary issue anyway because let`s face it we don`t know which, if any, are the truth and it has nothing to do with salvation.

I just want to have some sites that I can steer her to if need be. She can probably find more info on the net than from me. And she`s a smart kid.