Did Jesus eat after the resurrection?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Did Jesus eat after the resurrection?

Post by Nessa »

What do you think?

Am I destined for an eternity without chocolate.. without coffee :shock: kidding!

When it speaks about the feast we will have with God is it referring to spiritual food?
What bout Jesus saying he will not drink again until then?

coffeeee.jpg
coffeeee.jpg (12.04 KiB) Viewed 3094 times
Philip
Site Owner
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Did Jesus eat after the resurrection?

Post by Philip »

Much of what is described of the NEW heaven and earth merged is of a physical place - John SAW the New Jerusalem descending out of the present heaven. Jesus was resurrected PHYSICALLY. We will have some type of physical/spiritual body - what does that mean? I don't know. The Book "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn is a good one to start.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Nessa wrote:What do you think?

Am I destined for an eternity without chocolate.. without coffee :shock: kidding!

When it speaks about the feast we will have with God is it referring to spiritual food?
What bout Jesus saying he will not drink again until then?..
Well there will be that heavenly Coffee!

-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

I'd love some heavenly coffee.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Philip wrote:Much of what is described of the NEW heaven and earth merged is of a physical place - John SAW the New Jerusalem descending out of the present heaven. Jesus was resurrected PHYSICALLY. We will have some type of physical/spiritual body - what does that mean? I don't know. The Book "Heaven" by Randy Alcorn is a good one to start.
John Saw. For you,from my all time favorite Gospel quartet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C616dG1Po8E
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

What bout Jesus saying he will not drink again until then?

coffeeee.jpg
Jesus did eat after the Resurrection,he ate fish with the disciples before he ascended to the Father. I believe it will be real food at the marriage supper of the Lamb with new wine to drink.I believe it will be the best food and drink we have ever tasted.I'm not sure about coffee but whats their might be better than coffee. I do like coffee while where here though.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Yes, Jesus ate and it was a crucial element that the Gospel writers wanted to convey.
Jesus was not a "spirit", He had a solid body, a material body though not like any human body.
While His ( and ours) resurrected body did not NEED food, He was able to eat and, probably, enjoy it.
I mean, why not?
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

B. W. wrote:

What bout Jesus saying he will not drink again until then?..
Well there will be that heavenly Coffee!

-
-
-
It must.be pretty strong stuff, right?
I mean for it to keep.us awake for.eternity :lol:
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

Jesus said he would drink wine in the Father's kingdom.

And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you, for this is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. I tell you I will not drink again of this fruit of the vine until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.”
(Matthew 26:27-29 ESV)
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

PaulS:
Yes, Jesus ate and it was a crucial element that the Gospel writers wanted to convey.
Jesus was not a "spirit", He had a solid body, a material body though not like any human body.

Luke 24:35-48

Christ manifested the corporality of his glorified body through two principal proofs: First, he allowed his disciples to touch him; second, he ate in their presence. In the most literal sense imaginable Christ returned, as the Christ, that same bodily person who left, even after crucifixion, death and burial. By His will, He is the same now and forever.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine