what if Jesus had children? Would they be the grandchildren of God?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Bluejay4
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

what if Jesus had children? Would they be the grandchildren of God?

Post by Bluejay4 »

What would their relationship to the Father be?
“I fear no man. If you breathe oxygen, I do not fear you.” – Conor McGregor

"Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: what if Jesus had children? Would they be the grandchildren of God?

Post by Nessa »

Bluejay4 wrote:What would their relationship to the Father be?
If Jesus had children? Like the old fashioned way? :shock:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

If Jesus had children, they'd be children of an unwed mother and father, since the bible never mentions Jesus marrying.

So, if Jesus wasn't married, and had children, then he'd be a sinner. And if he was a sinner, then he's not God in the flesh. If he's not God, then Jesus' children would have no relationship with God the Father.

So, the whole issue is irrelevant.

But, it was a good question to ask. :D
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

I'm going to answer your question through music so get out your bible and follow along.
Christ's Wedding/Devil Fell For all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOxPgu5B0bM
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
I'm going to answer your question through music so get out your bible and follow along.
We would expect nothing less :P ;)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Nessa wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Who does'nt like music? And it can be good to use music to get a message to people.God has a sense of humor too.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Nessa wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Who does'nt like music? And it can be good to use music to get a message to people.God has a sense of humor too.
I meant in a good way of knowing the way you like to communicate something

Take it as a compliment :mrgreen:
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

He'd be their Godfather!
Bluejay4
Recognized Member

Post by Bluejay4 »

RickD wrote:If Jesus had children, they'd be children of an unwed mother and father, since the bible never mentions Jesus marrying.

So, if Jesus wasn't married, and had children, then he'd be a sinner. And if he was a sinner, then he's not God in the flesh. If he's not God, then Jesus' children would have no relationship with God the Father.

I mean hypothetically speaking if Jesus married a woman and had children with her, would his children be sinless? Would they be...demigods? :shock:

"Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Bluejay4 wrote:
RickD wrote:If Jesus had children, they'd be children of an unwed mother and father, since the bible never mentions Jesus marrying.

I mean hypothetically speaking if Jesus married a woman and had children with her, would his children be sinless? Would they be...demigods? :shock:
Hypothetically,

You can say whatever you want. That's what hypothetical is. You write the hypothetical story.

So, hypothetically, yes. I suppose they could be "demigods".
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

JurassicTerrorist
Familiar Member

Post by JurassicTerrorist »

Bluejay4 wrote:

Well, technically that woman would be a sinner, unless Jesus married with a female angel,(heck, can angels even marry or give birth for that matter?)
Bluejay4
Recognized Member

Post by Bluejay4 »

JurassicTerrorist wrote:
Bluejay4 wrote:

Well, technically that woman would be a sinner, unless Jesus married with a female angel,(heck, can angels even marry or give birth for that matter?)
I mean it's not like Mary's sin nature stopped Jesus from being perfect.

JohnQPublic
Newbie Member

Post by JohnQPublic »

Hello
By a secret society that say my Genealogy and Bloodline Prove it and is to why I am only less then 5% that have Life Giving Blood type that Anyone can use for its Both A and B Positive. It is Most Likely that he did in Fact Marry or he would NOT be Following GOD'S Commandments of being fruitful and Multiplying. If you read Both REV 19:6-9 and 21:9-10 if PROOF.

Revelation 19:6-9King James Version (KJV)

6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.

9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.

AND

Revelation 21:9-10King James Version (KJV)

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
JohnQPublic
Newbie Member

Post by JohnQPublic »

Jesus WAS Married and you Must Not have read the WHOLE KJV Bible for it DOES in FACT MENTION JESUS GETTING MARRIED! REV 19:6-10 and 21:9-19 The Bible is Missing Many Books and Word but as you can tell by Revelation that Jesus was in fact Married for if He Had NOT Married then he would be Sinning by NOT following the Commandments of being Fruitful and Multiplying. Once he is Married then he can Have sex and have Children WITHOUT Sin and still be PERFECT and HOLY. Not Many People wrote who Married who back then. I do believe Jesus got Married and Had Children and WITHOUT SINNING.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

JohnQPublic wrote:

Jesus WAS Married and you Must Not have read the WHOLE KJV Bible for it DOES in FACT MENTION JESUS GETTING MARRIED! REV 19:6-10 and 21:9-19 The Bible is Missing Many Books and Word but as you can tell by Revelation that Jesus was in fact Married for if He Had NOT Married then he would be Sinning by NOT following the Commandments of being Fruitful and Multiplying. Once he is Married then he can Have sex and have Children WITHOUT Sin and still be PERFECT and HOLY. Not Many People wrote who Married who back then. I do believe Jesus got Married and Had Children and WITHOUT SINNING.
Those verses in Revelation speak about Jesus marrying his bride. Better known as the body of believers, those who trust in him. That's not talking about a bride that Christ had before he was crucified.

But hey, don't let the facts get in the way of your arguments. ;)

-Edward R Murrow