Christians against Aliens, why so common?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Bluejay4
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Christians against Aliens, why so common?

Post by Bluejay4 »

Almost every apologetics website I've ever gone too seem to be very adamant that Aliens do not in fact exist. GotQuestions, godandscience, Creation Ministries, Answers in Genesis, CARM, etc.all are very anti alien, why? These people are setting themselves up for embarrassment for when Aliens are found to exist, which they'll probably be within the far future. Seriously it's just more fuel for atheists and skeptics to discredit Christianity. Very very disappointed right now in my fellow brothers and sisters, does anyone feel the same way?
“I fear no man. If you breathe oxygen, I do not fear you.” – Conor McGregor

"Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1
Bluejay4
Recognized Member

Re: Christians against Aliens, why so common?

Post by Bluejay4 »

I also feel that with the popular anti alien sentiment amongst Christianity will in fact turn christians and would be christians away when aliens are discovered.

"Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Bluejay4 wrote:Almost every apologetics website I've ever gone too seem to be very adamant that Aliens do not in fact exist. GotQuestions, godandscience, Creation Ministries, Answers in Genesis, CARM, etc.all are very anti alien, why? These people are setting themselves up for embarrassment for when Aliens are found to exist, which they'll probably be within the far future. Seriously it's just more fuel for atheists and skeptics to discredit Christianity. Very very disappointed right now in my fellow brothers and sisters, does anyone feel the same way?
The difference we believe in fallen angels that you think are aliens.There is a difference, lets just say one day we are visited by what appear to be aliens,but they are really fallen angels.Who will be decieved? The world will and you will,if you don't recognize they are really fallen angels. There may be biblical reasons to believe we will be re-visted by fallen angels again in the last days based on Jesus claiming it will be as in the days of Noah when he returns and you can read in Genesis 6 and see fallen angels came to this earth and through human women produced a human hybrid-half breed. This was Satan trying to contaminate the blood of humans to prevent the birth of Jesus but also why God flooded the earth to kill them off. Genesis 3:15 But it also shows that Satan knows about genetics and DNA.
Here is a teaching you may find interesting.
http://www.tribulationperiod.com/pu/pro ... e148d.html
Last edited by abelcainsbrother on Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Bluejay4
Recognized Member

Post by Bluejay4 »

Abc, I believe in fallen angels as well, but I also believe in aliens. The two can coexist, there's nothing unbiblical about it.(despite what the pseudo intellectuals at Creation Ministries like to blabber on about)

abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Bluejay4 wrote:Abc, I believe in fallen angels as well, but I also believe in aliens. The two can coexist, there's nothing unbiblical about it.(despite what the pseudo intellectuals at Creation Ministries like to blabber on about)
You can believe what you choose to. I just tried to answer your question.It is edited now though and you may find the link I posted interesting and something to consider.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Here is another link too that goes into more detail.
http://www.tribulationperiod.com/pu/pro ... e148e.html

theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by theophilus »

Bluejay4 wrote:I also feel that with the popular anti alien sentiment amongst Christianity will in fact turn christians and would be christians away when aliens are discovered.
Why to you use the word "when"? Wouldn't it be more accurate to use the word "if"?

I believe we are near the time when Christ will return to establish his rule over the earth. If we do contact aliens it will be during the Millennium or after the creation of the new heavens and the new earth. By that time God will have revealed whether or not they exist so no one will be turned away from the truth.
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Bluejay4 wrote:
Almost every apologetics website I've ever gone too seem to be very adamant that Aliens do not in fact exist.
I'm pretty sure that if aliens(extraterrestrial) exist, they're in the US. We have no working program to keep out unwanted aliens.

Maybe after Trump gets Mexico to pay for that wall, he can get them to pay for a "wall" around the earth, so the other kind of aliens won't come in. ;)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Bluejay: Abc, I believe in fallen angels as well, but I also believe in aliens. The two can coexist, there's nothing unbiblical about it.
There is also nothing BIBLICAL about this subject either! Most people into all of this alien stuff have been born into a culture long obsessed with sci-fi, as it saturates movies, books, TV 24/7.

There is also a CHANCE that aliens exist, as the universe God has created is unfathomably vast. But IF they exist - and that is one HUGE if - it may be that God didn't inform us as to their existence because we'll not ever have contact with them, due to their remoteness from us (so, no need for us to know about them). But they also may NOT exist at all. But here's the great danger: If demons are (or in the future) begin appearing, imitating and masquerading as aliens, do you have any idea how many would quickly latch onto whatever demons appearing as "superior beings say, as " have far greater knowledge and technology, etc?" We've no proof of such beings, and yet people around the world have long bought into various narratives bound together with cherry-picked Bible passages falsely interpreted. If demons were to deploy a focused "alien deception strategy," many on earth would be easily deceived.

My question would be, IF aliens exist, why has God not informed us of this? Bluejay, surely you don't believe there is any current proof of aliens visiting here? Another, if aliens are physical beings like us, are they not also sinful, in need of redemption? If any supposed aliens are anything like us - prone as well to terrible sin - and they have vastly superior abilities and technology - then the LAST thing we should be doing is broadcasting our whereabouts. But all current physics reveal that aliens from distant star systems could never reach us, as there are many problems with that (http://www.reasons.org/articles/aliens- ... from-there).
Bluejay4
Recognized Member

Post by Bluejay4 »

Philip wrote:
Bluejay: Abc, I believe in fallen angels as well, but I also believe in aliens. The two can coexist, there's nothing unbiblical about it.
There is also nothing BIBLICAL about this subject either! Most people into all of this alien stuff have been born into a culture long obsessed with sci-fi, as it saturates movies, books, TV 24/7.

There is also a CHANCE that aliens exist, as the universe God has created is unfathomably vast. But IF they exist - and that is one HUGE if - it may be that God didn't inform us as to their existence because we'll not ever have contact with them, due to their remoteness from us (so, no need for us to know about them). But they also may NOT exist at all. But here's the great danger: If demons are (or in the future) begin appearing, imitating and masquerading as aliens, do you have any idea how many would quickly latch onto whatever demons appearing as "superior beings say, as " have far greater knowledge and technology, etc?" We've no proof of such beings, and yet people around the world have long bought into various narratives bound together with cherry-picked Bible passages falsely interpreted. If demons were to deploy a focused "alien deception strategy," many on earth would be easily deceived.

My question would be, IF aliens exist, why has God not informed us of this? Bluejay, surely you don't believe there is any current proof of aliens visiting here? Another, if aliens are physical beings like us, are they not also sinful, in need of redemption? If any supposed aliens are anything like us - prone as well to terrible sin - and they have vastly superior abilities and technology - then the LAST thing we should be doing is broadcasting our whereabouts. But all current physics reveal that aliens from distant star systems could never reach us, as there are many problems with that (http://www.reasons.org/articles/aliens- ... from-there).
That's not really the problem though, my problem is articles like these https://carm.org/bible-extraterrestrial-life-aliens and http://www.gotquestions.org/aliens-UFOs.html and http://creation.com/did-god-create-life ... er-planets who take the audacious and frankly anti scientific position of the non existence of alien life that isn't some demonic illusion.

Why didn't God speak of aliens in the Bible? Maybe because God would rather inform us of the important stuff rather than further confuse and clutter his word?

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I don't see the problem. Both Gotquestions and carm believe it's more likely that demonic deception is more likely than aliens coming to earth.

So what? Whether aliens exist or not, it really has no bearing on Christianity.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Bluejay4
Recognized Member

Post by Bluejay4 »

RickD wrote:I don't see the problem. Both Gotquestions and carm believe it's more likely that demonic deception is more likely than aliens coming to earth.

So what? Whether aliens exist or not, it really has no bearing on Christianity.
That's not exactly what I got from reading those articles, it seemed they were trying to imply humans were God's only intelligent creations which is just going to backfire when intelligent life is discovered.

Aliens have many theological ramifications, some of which may contradict strict readings of scripture.

Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Storyteller »

If aliens do exist, and they were intelligent beings, doesnt mean it conflicts with the Bible. We were created in His image, that isnt just intelligence, its spirit. A soul. Would aliens have tgat? Or would they just be another species in a bigger world than we thought?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Storyteller wrote:If aliens do exist, and they were intelligent beings, doesnt mean it conflicts with the Bible. We were created in His image, that isnt just intelligence, its spirit. A soul. Would aliens have tgat? Or would they just be another species in a bigger world than we thought?
If the aliens were sentient beings they would.

Regardless, I still don't understand what biblical ramifications it would have if alien sentient beings exist.

Maybe someone could explain it.

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

It totally matters not one bit whatever Christian or other organization does or does not believe aliens exist! Because, either way, it is total speculation.
Bluejay4: Aliens have many theological ramifications, some of which may contradict strict readings of scripture
Uh, no, but their existence might line up with totally wild, unrealistic and IMPOSSIBLE speculations about what Scripture actually says. Again, WATCH THE VIDEO! Also there are many things that exist that the Bible doesn't mention at all.

So, to be sure, Bluejay, Scripture does not indicate one way or another. Scripture was given to HUMAN BEINGS on PLANET EARTH. Jesus came and dies to save HUMAN BEINGS. How God may have dealt with other created beings, their level of intelligence, whether they are also spiritual beings - NONE of these are addressed by Scripture. And did you WATCH THE VIDEO I linked and some of the other info - because these go into considerable detail of all that has been asserted about supposed Scriptural references to aliens. So, that's not even in the picture. What you assert that discovering aliens would contradict the Bible is asserted from complete ignorance, about both what the Bible says AND what it doesn't say. It is totally SILENT on this issue.

It is possible that any existing alien life is no more intelligent than a mushroom. And they MIGHT be non-spiritual beings of great function and intelligence - I really don't know, and neither does anyone else. God created angels and has dealt them an existence and capabilities that are very different from humans. He created an animal kingdom, also, very different from humans. What might He have created far away or in other dimensions? NO one knows. But, really, we're arguing over the equivalent of fairies in the forest - I mean, if one of the little fellows pees on a fern and no one sees it, who's to say, eh?