Jesus in Marvel comics, what do you think?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Bluejay4
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Jesus in Marvel comics, what do you think?

Post by Bluejay4 »

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/sca ... jesus2.jpg

...or how about that time the Greek gods showed up to talk trash to Jesus and he kicked their butts all the way back to Olympus for it? (no joke, this happened in actual comic.)
“I fear no man. If you breathe oxygen, I do not fear you.” – Conor McGregor

"Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1
theophilus
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Jesus in Marvel comics, what do you think?

Post by theophilus »

Read what Jesus says. "Johnny Blaze's soul is beyond you, Satan. He has earned his second chance." This is not the gospel. Satan is using Marvel Comics to spread his lies.
God wants full custody of his children, not just visits on Sunday.
Bluejay4
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Jesus in Marvel comics, what do you think?

Post by Bluejay4 »

theophilus wrote:Read what Jesus says. "Johnny Blaze's soul is beyond you, Satan. He has earned his second chance." This is not the gospel. Satan is using Marvel Comics to spread his lies.
In the context of the entire comic I don't think Jesus was talking about salvation.
“I fear no man. If you breathe oxygen, I do not fear you.” – Conor McGregor

"Of David. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Psalms 27:1