Are drones more immoral than other weapons?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Are drones more immoral than other weapons?

Post by Nessa »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Getting back on topic...

No, drones are not «more immoral» than other weapons, any more than a tractor is «more immoral» than a horse & plow. Both drones and tractors are Tools. They are neither moral or immoral.

The nations that use drones have more respect for life than the rogue nations and terrorist groups that use rockets and missiles, and pipe bombs and guns and knives...

:D
I know that technically drones in and of themselves are not more immoral..

But rather their potential or the ramifications could be.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Nessa wrote:I know that technically drones in and of themselves are not more immoral..But rather their potential or the ramifications could be.
Yep, you're right. You can also do a lot of damage to a couple of skyscrapers by flying airliners into them...that doesn't make Boeings immoral.

:D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Almost anything an be made into a weapon.

The best weapon is the plough ie plow...

Without it, there would be very little food. Such a weapon is necessary for survival.

What is immoral is people and that is why it is necessary to have other weapons such as drones, tanks, implements of war, and to commute justice to serial killers per death penalty.

What is actually Immoral is Humanity... till Jesus returns and sets things right
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

How is a plough a weapon?

that reads rude, sorry, what I mean isnt a plough a tool rather than a weapon?
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran
EssentialSacrifice
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Male

Post by EssentialSacrifice »

How is a plough a weapon? It's secret is in it's non use or lack of ... no plow no crops... I think is what BW is saying.
many battles and more than a few wars have been won by attrition. Caesars Siege of Alesia there in GB is a prime example.

World hunger is another. WE have all the food in the world and yet 18,000 children die each and every day from starvation. We will come under judgement if we do nothing.
Trust the past to God’s mercy, the present to God’s love, and the future to God’s providence. -St Augustine