Adam has to be real.

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
winningedge101
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Adam has to be real.

Post by winningedge101 »

When I pray I usually am scared of what to say I don't want to accidently say something stupid LOL. :D
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

I wonder if God will listen to my prayers, if I rap a prayer to Him...

I probably shouldn't take a chance. God may hate rap too, and then He'll strike me with lightning!

11th commandment-thou shalt not rap!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

winningedge101 wrote:When I pray I usually am scared of what to say I don't want to accidently say something stupid LOL. :D
God already knows what you're thinking. So don't be scared to say it. Be honest with God. He can handle it. He has His big boy pants on. ;)
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

RickD wrote:
winningedge101 wrote:When I pray I usually am scared of what to say I don't want to accidently say something stupid LOL. :D
God already knows what you're thinking. So don't be scared to say it. Be honest with God. He can handle it. He has His big boy pants on. ;)
Yes, they are the pants that have the words 'God' sewn on them :lol:

We might say something stupid and God shakes his head :shakehead:
Or he might just blame himself for giving them blonde hair :mrgreen:
Thats rickd's theory for the women anyway :P
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nessa wrote:
RickD wrote:
Yes, they are the pants that have the words 'God' sewn on them :lol:

We might say something stupid and God shakes his head :shakehead:
Or he might just blame himself for giving them blonde hair :mrgreen:
Thats rickd's theory for the women anyway :P
Blondes.

Blondes prove God's sense of humor exists. :mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

I wonder if God will listen to my prayers, if I rap a prayer to Him...
He will NOT! Well, I'm pretty sure He wouldn't. Er, He shouldn't. Hope He doesn't. He may just reply, "Resubmit without all the ..."

CRAP, I was gonna say, crap.
winningedge101
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by winningedge101 »

Lol speaking of God visibly striking down someone with lightning. I would do anything to actually see God's cloud above the temple and the tabernacle back in the OT. It'd be legit to see him physically....without dying. ;)
Nessa
Ultimate Member

Post by Nessa »

winningedge101 wrote:Lol speaking of God visibly striking down someone with lightning. I would do anything to actually see God's cloud above the temple and the tabernacle back in the OT. It'd be legit to see him physically....without dying. ;)
Oh, if you saw him physically, who cares if afterwards you die? As long as he does it gently...
:baby: :twodancing:
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

winningedge101 wrote:Thanks guys for some of the comments. I just love science and don't know how to interpret Genesis at all. I'm going to look at those links you guys gave me and I'll comment back. This song pretty much sums up my doubt at times, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBsA2ETp7JA
You might as well try this link too then The Bible,Genesis and Geology.Pray for God to lead you to the truth too.
http://www.kjvbible.org/index.html
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

abelcainsbrother wrote:You might as well try this link too then The Bible,Genesis and Geology.Pray for God to lead you to the truth too.
What if I pray for an answer and God leads me to beleive in Schroeder's Creation Perspective? Or OEC?

What then?

y:-/
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:You might as well try this link too then The Bible,Genesis and Geology.Pray for God to lead you to the truth too.
What if I pray for an answer and God leads me to beleive in Schroeder's Creation Perspective? Or OEC?

What then?

I'll just say pray for God's wisdom and Let God be true and every man a liar.I believe Gap theory creationism is the right one compared to the other ones and I try to make a case for it but it does not effect anybody's salvation but the majority in the church has been wrong before and it can happen again. God's word has a way of coming along at the right time and proving his word is right and both believers and non-believers wrong.And we look back now and realize it was their interpretation that was wrong or even their world-view,yet God's word was right,it was man that got it wrong.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member

I notice when I do bring up Gap Theory creationism it seems to upset or offend certian people.Like this thread this we had a person that was conflicted about his faith in God because he thinks creationism does'nt have evidence or a way to confirm it,but yet he can't understand how TE's view Adam and Eve.Well I was concerned for his faith first but I thought he might be talking about Gap Theory creationism based on what he wrote,so I just tried to let him know if he was talking about Gap Theory creationism we do have evidence there was a former world that perished,it is actually alot of the very same evidence evolutionist's use for evidence for evolution.

This is because this evidence was used for Gap Theory creationism before evolution became a scientific theory and we believe it still is evidence for it even today but evolution science has blinded us to the truth of a former world that existed that perished prior to God making this world we live in now. All we are doing is taking back our evidence Charles Darwin used to make a case for evolution. He took the known scientific evidence at the time and made the theory of evolution fit into it,and we believe every since then the modern scientific elite have been "hoodwinked" by evolution. The evidence in the earth shows that we have "A Lost world" A Lord of the Rings type world that has been overlooked because of evolution.

It is a common thing to see critics of the Gap Theory claim it was made up to accomodate evolution and millions of years when this is not true. It is one thing to promote your creation interpretation but to make up things that are not true just because you disagree is wrong,and yet they do.

Despite all of the denials I've gotten here about the Gap Theory I have not been convinced it is wrong biblically,despite the denials of it.Therefore I see no reason to believe it is wrong biblically. Those who think it is wrong have not convinced me why biblically. I have even went back over discussions I've had and checked out the counter arguments and yet they were wrong biblically. I honestly have yet to see or hear of anyone who has biblically refuted Gap Theory creationism despite them telling me it is wrong but not really showing why biblically. I expect to be shown by God's word it is wrong and I have not seen it yet.

Out of hand rejection is not going to convince me,neither is appealing to the majority and what they think. God Bless you all and Merry Christmas.

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:

What then?

What use is OEC or Schroeder's Creation perspective, to an alien from ZyklonDD?

Many Generations to you!!!!(or however your stupid saying goes)

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD wrote:What use is OEC or Schroeder's Creation perspective, to an alien from ZyklonDD?
It is Zyklon 36DD...you keep getting that wrong. And the saying is, Generations of Excellence... Do you have an attention deficit?
abelcainsbrother wrote:
I notice when I do bring up Gap Theory creationism it seems to upset or offend certian people.
Anybody who is offended by Gap Theory needs to get a life Big Time. It's nothing more than a bleeping theory after all! Perhaps they get upset because of you...? After all, you do sound like a rabid salesman pushing a product nobody wants. You are very much like those YEC Nazis and KJV Onlyists...

:D
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Storyteller
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female

Post by Storyteller »

I don't think God cares about which, if any, creation stance you take. It's a detail (and the devil is in the detail :mrgreen: ). It could be any of them (except the Gap Theory :mrgreen: ), or none.

Oh, and Generations of Excellence to you, fellow star travelers!
Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof - Kahlil Gibran