How well do you pray?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: How well do you pray?

Post by crochet1949 »

Vergil -- back on Feb 20 you said to make the sign of the cross and say " " is the quote in Latin? Could you translate, please. Thanks
IceMobster
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Post by IceMobster »

crochet1949 wrote:Vergil -- back on Feb 20 you said to make the sign of the cross and say " " is the quote in Latin? Could you translate, please. Thanks
"In nomine patre, et fili, et espritu sancti, amen"
In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, amen. :mrgreen:
Easy peasy, nomine = name, patre = father, fili = son, spiritu = spirit, sancti = holy (sanctuary,eh? :mrgreen:), et = and (et cetera - and so on).... Basically, English's core is Latin, so yeah, you can see the similarities.

Btw, https://translate.google.com/ can help if you don't know some words. Don't translate sentence(s) or paragraphs, though. It tends to get pretty bad if you do so.

Dominus vobiscum. :mrgreen:
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
IceMobster
Christian: No

Post by IceMobster »

reamnosha wrote:I have a problem , I still think that my prayer is weak, worthless
B. W. wrote: How do you pray?
-
-
-
reamnosha wrote:I have a problem , I still think that my prayer is weak, worthless
Read John 4:24

Also, answer the question above.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Vergil
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Vergil »

crochet1949 wrote:Vergil -- back on Feb 20 you said to make the sign of the cross and say " " is the quote in Latin? Could you translate, please. Thanks
As answered by many people before "In nomine patre, et fili, et spirtus sancti" is "In the name of the Father, of the Son, and the Holy Spirit"
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
- Jesus Christ

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.
- Charles Stanley
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Thanks for the explanation. It makes sense. :) Prayer is made possible Through the Trinity. We are praying to God made possible by the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ / He is our mediator / and the Holy Spirit comes to indwell each believer at the instant of his/her heart belief. With the heart a person believes and it's to be expressed verbally.
Vergil
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Vergil »

Well said Brother, the Holy Spirit dwells in us when we believe in the Son and pray to the Father
Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.
- Jesus Christ

Disappointment is inevitable. But to become discouraged, there's a choice I make. God would never discourage me. He would always point me to himself to trust him. Therefore, my discouragement is from Satan. As you go through the emotions that we have, hostility is not from God, bitterness, unforgiveness, all of these are attacks from Satan.
- Charles Stanley
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

I'm not sure we're saying the same thing. When a person believes in his heart that Jesus Christ died on the cross for 'my' sin / I accept /believe on a personal level / in my heart / that nothing I do is needed to help the process of salvation along. and then 'I' confess with my mouth, the Lord Jesus. Then the Holy Spirit comes to indwell 'me' -- I become a born-again believer.

So -- it's not simply 'believe in the Son' -- it's what we believe About Him.

Actually -- I'm not Brother / I'm Sister in Christ. :)