Multiple Universe Theory

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Living things have specified complexity. Different playing field (somewhat). Forgot about that fun word.

http://www.leaderu.com/offices/dembski/ ... ified.html
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Must pay attention better...I missed the largest contradiction in the history of mankind...(well...that I know of at the top of my head)...
There is a trend towards the more complex
as entropy increases towards chaos
In any case getting back to the original point complexity is not a violation of entropy as it can be seen complex organisms grow and reproduce everyday without violating the 2nd law of thermodynamics.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Living things have specified complexity. Different playing field (somewhat). Forgot about that fun word.

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Must pay attention better...I missed the largest contradiction in the history of mankind...(well...that I know of at the top of my head)...
In any case getting back to the original point complexity is not a violation of entropy as it can be seen complex organisms grow and reproduce everyday without violating the 2nd law of thermodynamics.
Non sequitor.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:
BGoodForGoodSake wrote:

Non sequitor.
How is it non-sequitor, a creation of a complex organism is a complex process and creates new information. It happens right in front of your eyes.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

How is it non-sequitor, a creation of a complex organism is a complex process and creates new information. It happens right in front of your eyes.
It's not a natural event...it's not random processes, it's processes guided by mechanisms and control systems etc

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

-Anonymous
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

It's not a natural event...it's not random processes, it's processes guided by mechanisms and control systems etc
What is your definition of natural???
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
What is your definition of natural???
Gee wiz, don't pick words apart at midnight, didn't get much sleep. What I mean is organisms multiplying isn't a contradiction of the 2nd law... because it's not random forces working on them-organisms can be thought of as the Borg-made up of small interacting machines....

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Gee wiz, don't pick words apart at midnight, didn't get much sleep. What I mean is organisms multiplying isn't a contradiction of the 2nd law... because it's not random forces working on them-organisms can be thought of as the Borg-made up of small interacting machines....
Small interacting machines are man-made, and in the evolutionary sense man is natural. From a human centric position one can say our actions go against nature, but from a larger perspective we are part of the natural world.

But getting back to the original point your statement is a non-sequitor ( a phrase you like to use often)

Because the statement you were arguing against was.
"There is a trend towards the more complex as entropy increases towards chaos."

I used the galaxy as an example.
Then you responded.
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Increase in order, not complexity.
You're lucky I left this alone because what is complexity if not increased order?
And you cannot say disorder is complex because then you will be trapped.

I respond with Organisms do not violate the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Not unlike crystal formation, nor the orbits of the planets.

So you resort to changing the subject.
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:]It's not a natural event...it's not random processes, it's processes guided by mechanisms and control systems etc
How does this have anything to do with the fact that an increase in entropy can lead to order in a resulting system.

See the Entropy flow???
High energy ---> Re-organization of matter + Heat ----> decomposition of matter + Heat

You're right its not random its guided by the flow of entropy.