Multi-quoting

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Nicki
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Multi-quoting

Post by Nicki »

Hey guys, how do you quote more than one person in one post? I used to be on this other forum where you clicked the quote button(s) and then 'reply', but here the quote button takes you straight to typing a post.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Multi-quoting

Post by RickD »

The easiest way I found, is to copy the person's quote, then paste in within the [quote][/quote] brackets. Be sure to put the person's name, and "wrote" or "said". For example, Post within the quote brackets, "Nicki wrote:" then paste the quote. Then respond underneath.

And just do the same for any additional quotes. Always try to post who you are quoting, to avoid confusion.

Hope that helped.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Nicki

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote:The easiest way I found, is to copy the person's quote, then paste in within the
brackets. Be sure to put the person's name, and "wrote" or "said". For example, Post within the quote brackets, "Nicki wrote:" then paste the quote. Then respond underneath.

And just do the same for any additional quotes. Always try to post who you are quoting, to avoid confusion.

Hope that helped.
How do you copy and paste? I know how to do it in a word processing program, but not on the internet. I sound like a total technophobe :oops:
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nicki wrote:
RickD wrote:The easiest way I found, is to copy the person's quote, then paste in within the
brackets. Be sure to put the person's name, and "wrote" or "said". For example, Post within the quote brackets, "Nicki wrote:" then paste the quote. Then respond underneath.

Hope that helped.
How do you copy and paste? I know how to do it in a word processing program, but not on the internet. I sound like a total technophobe :oops:
It depends. Are you using a computer with a mouse? A smart phone? An iPad?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

A laptop with mouse pad.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Left click the mouse, on the text you want to copy. Then while holding down the left button on the mouse, drag the icon until the entire text you want to copy is in blue. Then click copy.

Then click in between the[quote][/quote] brackets, and click paste. Voila!

-Edward R Murrow

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

RickD wrote:Left click the mouse, on the text you want to copy. Then while holding down the left button on the mouse, drag the icon until the entire text you want to copy is in blue. Then click copy.

Then click in between the
brackets, and click paste. Voila!
Where are 'copy' and 'paste' though? In a word processing program I can see them up the top but where are they here, or in the browser? And how do you get the quote from one page (the thread) to the other page (post a reply)? y:-/ y:-/ y:-/
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nicki wrote:
RickD wrote:Left click the mouse, on the text you want to copy. Then while holding down the left button on the mouse, drag the icon until the entire text you want to copy is in blue. Then click copy.

Then click in between the
brackets, and click paste. Voila!
Where are 'copy' and 'paste' though? In a word processing program I can see them up the top but where are they here, or in the browser? And how do you get the quote from one page (the thread) to the other page (post a reply)? y:-/ y:-/ y:-/
Copy and paste are at the top of your computer screen. It's been a while since I've used a laptop, so I'm not sure exactly where.

Here's another way. Left click the mouse, and move it over the entire text you want to copy. And while the text is highlited(usually blue), hold down the control button, and press c. That's copy. The computer "remembers" the last thing you copied.

Then click the cursor in between the
[/quote ] brackets. When the cursor is in between the brackets, hold the control button down and press p. That's paste.

-Edward R Murrow

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

I think they're in this 'make a web note' thing at the top of the browser - click that and it comes up with 'clip' along with some other things. So I should be able to clip/copy and then go to 'post a reply' and paste it?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nicki wrote:I think they're in this 'make a web note' thing at the top of the browser - click that and it comes up with 'clip' along with some other things. So I should be able to clip/copy and then go to 'post a reply' and paste it?
Try it here.

-Edward R Murrow

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

Hmm, it says that it's copied but then there's no paste button.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Control p.

-Edward R Murrow

Nicki

Post by Nicki »

That seems to come up with print (for lower-case p) and some private browser thing (for P).
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Nicki wrote:That seems to come up with print (for lower-case p) and some private browser thing (for P).
Sorry. Control v. I told you it's been a while. :oops:

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

-Edward R Murrow