Kiwi Cult or Christian Community?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Kiwi Cult or Christian Community?

Post by crochet1949 »

Misapplying Scripture to the Extreme. People hear about those kind of communities / groups and decide they don't want anything to do with Christianity and ya can't really blame them.

There was another guy , Jeffries? or something -- he's in prison.

People are looking for the 'voice of authority' and someone who takes a Lot of Scripture but mixes it with garbage and ya end up with........a cult.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Sounds like a cult with all the halmarks

Stay away!

Warn others...

Jesus Christ did not seek to control his disciples - they followed him instead and made plenty of mistakes, learned, then went out into all the world and not into a closed community, Neither did they seek to control people when they went out into the world but rather taught others to follow Jesus - think about this a bit...
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
JButler
Established Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by JButler »

The interview with the emerging cult leader could be used as learning material for police investigators. The behaviors he exhibited would make great examples of deception to learn from. All con artists have common traits and this guy is no different except for his compound.

Its interesting how so many cults revolve around sex and lot of it......for the leader! :twisted: Of course all of them utilize separation and control with emotional manipulation. Having plenty of ignorant people to prey upon really makes it easy for the predator.

One thing I learned on my own in police work (just by dealing with people) is that emotions cloud rational thinking.
If the truth hurts, maybe it should.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

JButler wrote:The interview with the emerging cult leader could be used as learning material for police investigators. The behaviors he exhibited would make great examples of deception to learn from. All con artists have common traits and this guy is no different except for his compound.

Its interesting how so many cults revolve around sex and lot of it......for the leader! :twisted: Of course all of them utilize separation and control with emotional manipulation. Having plenty of ignorant people to prey upon really makes it easy for the predator.

One thing I learned on my own in police work (just by dealing with people) is that emotions cloud rational thinking.

Emotions cloud rational thinking...

That is so true! Also the need to be somebody is exploited by the basic human needs of acceptance, attention, validation, importance, and significance. Cult leaders and predators use these to build their kingdom .
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

IMO,

Kiwis are a bunch of fruitcakes. What kind of country has winter, when the rest of the civilized world is having summer?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony