Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

RickD wrote:I'm sad to say, the liberal agenda in America, has finally made its way to Australia.

y:O2

I see you have your tinfoil hat on today. :roll:

I hate when people use these types of labels, they are used to distract from the real issue and they are used as a weapon to denigrate the person and their argument.

I am not a "Liberal" and I have no "agenda", I am a follower of Christ, period.
Last edited by Danieltwotwenty on Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

No one was able to give a counter to my paramedic argument so I am going to re-post it.
Say you are a paramedic who has deeply held religious beliefs about not being able to touch people with tattoos, should they ignore their man made oath because they believe they would be breaking their moral code which is instituted by God or should they ignore their religious beliefs instead, after all they are not discriminating against the person, just discriminating against their tattoos.
So is this discrimination or not?

The only objection was to wear gloves, but this may not be sufficient for this person.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

It's stupid. Misses the point. Rick responded didn't he?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:It's stupid. Misses the point.

No it doesn't, it highlights that your point of not writing a message as not being discrimination as wrong.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I also take your inability to answer as confirmation that it is discrimination towards gay people to not write a message on the cake and further more it is confirmation of the logical conclusion of discrimination based on your belief system, being; creating absurd situations like the one I presented.
Last edited by Danieltwotwenty on Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:I'm sad to say, the liberal agenda in America, has finally made its way to Australia.

I hate when people use these types of labels, they are used to distract from the real issue and they are used as a weapon to denigrate the person and their argument.

Daniel,

I was referring to Mel's post. Not to you. We have finished discussion on this topic. Remember? You ended it.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:

Daniel,

I was referring to Mel's post. Not to you. We have finished discussion on this topic. Remember? You ended it.

I wasn't discussing this topic with you................. it is a separate issue.
Nessa
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Nessa »

I was just looking at it from a different angle.

Maybe in your point of view it doesn't matter though.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:

Daniel,

I wasn't discussing this topic with you................. it is a separate issue.
Either way, I was joking with Mel. I wasn't referring to you.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:

Daniel,

Either way, I was joking with Mel. I wasn't referring to you.
I didn't reference you either Rick (except the tinfoil hat), I was just commenting on the use of Liberal agenda in the media and in Christian circles.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

You are very tetchy today, did you have a bad nights sleep?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:You are very tetchy today, did you have a bad nights sleep?
No. I'm just tired of liberals and their ridiculous, illogical arguments. :mrgreen:

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:You are very tetchy today, did you have a bad nights sleep?
No. I'm just tired of liberals and their ridiculous, illogical arguments. :mrgreen:
illegitimi non carborundum
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Nessa wrote:I was just looking at it from a different angle.

Maybe in your point of view it doesn't matter though.
No, you missed the real exchanges that it's not about serving people, it's being forced to be complicit in something a person strongly disagreed with.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:I also take your inability to answer as confirmation that it is discrimination towards gay people to not write a message on the cake and further more it is confirmation of the logical conclusion of discrimination based on your belief system, being; creating absurd situations like the one I presented.
Explain for me the relevance of your question, compared to the one you originally asked which was also quite dumb. :poke: