Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Support Gay Marriage Cakes

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:K,

It's pointless to continue with Daniel. He continues to ignore or dismiss the fact that nobody in the examples that have been put forth, have discriminated based on sexual orientation.

It's extremely intellectually dishonest of him to keep asserting discrimination based on sexual orientation, when it's clear from the videos and links, that it's just not the reason for refusing service.

Not only is he misrepresenting them, he's bearing a false witness against brothers and sisters in Christ.

It's disgusting that a Christian would misrepresent other Christians, while taking the side of those persecuting Christians.

:clap: :clap: :clap: More false accusations, distractions and misconceptions, you are really good at this Rick, you should be nominated for some sort of prize or something because you have turned it into an art form.
Care to name the false accusations, and misconceptions, and show how they are? Or should we just take this post as a baseless accusation?

Take it however you like Rick and I will take yours how I like, it is not important, the only thing that is important here is the arguments for and against, so keep making statements that may or may not be true depending on whose point of view you see them from, it has no effect on me and only serves as a distraction. 8-}2
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:What do you think of many Christians who are found in churches today? Do you attend a church?
I am guessing you are talking to me?

Of course I attend Church, I am the worship ministry leader, I kind of have to. :lol:

I actually dedicate my whole Sunday, Thursday nights, Wednesday and Friday nights to services, both the normal, the youth services and other services we run, it pretty much takes up most of my time, but I don't mind because it is important work. Not that I am patting myself on the back, as I enjoy it anyway, it's win win.

I don't have an opinion on people in churches, but I do have an opinion on the ones in mine. We have quite a mix of ideas and beliefs, even though technically we are an Anglican church, really we are a hodge podge of different denominational backgrounds. I love them all dearly as brothers and sisters in Christ even though we may differ on certain subjects. On this particular subject I would say it would be a 50/50 split and that is cool, we can respect that we are not going to agree on everything. Some are more progressive, some are more legalistic, some are more graceful, some sit on the fence etc. I admit I have had runs ins with the more legalistic ones, nothing to bad just a difference of opinion, but at the end of the day we all worship the same God and we are all trying our best to live as how we think Jesus wanted us to. y>:D<

Maybe some may think less of me, or they may think I am not even a Christian, but I do not think the same as them in that regard, to me the is the antithesis of what Christ was all about. But nobody is perfect and I don't hold it against them in anyway, in fact I think I feel more called to help them out whenever I am able and through that we have all grown closer. y@};-
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Question: Is there someone you respect in your church, who you see as very loving and gracious towards others, who'd give their shirt off their back to anyone, even their own life... who'd nonetheless stand firm on their beliefs that "gay marriage" is wrong and so refuse to actively participate in such?
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:Question: Is there someone you respect in your church, who you see as very loving and gracious towards others, who'd off their shirt off their back to anyone... who'd nonetheless stand firm on their beliefs that "gay marriage" is wrong and so refuse to actively participate in such?
They are not participating or celebrating anything by providing a service, so if they refused it would be the discrimination against someone for no good or legal reason. As much as I would hate to see a brother or sister suffer, they have bought it on themselves like any other sin we commit.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Question: Is there someone you respect in your church, who you see as very loving and gracious towards others, who'd off their shirt off their back to anyone... who'd nonetheless stand firm on their beliefs that "gay marriage" is wrong and so refuse to actively participate in such?
They are not participating or celebrating anything by providing a service, so if they refused it would be the discrimination against someone for no good or legal reason. As much as I would hate to see a brother or sister suffer, they have bought it on themselves like any other sin we commit.
Again, I don't see where the discrimination is in refusing to put one's hand and heart to work on something they morally disagree with. Nonetheless, I guess you are just taken towards a liberal Anglican line of thinking that is more awash with worldly social values.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Again, I don't see where the discrimination is in refusing to put one's hand to work on something they morally disagree with. Nonetheless, I guess you are just taken towards a liberal Anglican line of thinking that is more awash with worldly social values.
Oh dear haha, again with this tripe. Our Pastor is a baptist, other than him a large proportion of the preachers are Pentecostal, some are backgrounds I can't remember the names of right now. Like I said earlier we are Anglican in name only, and like all Anglican Churches, we self govern for the most part, we don't tow the Anglican line. I am not personally taken with anything, I don't read Anglican material, I come to these conclusions based on the words of Christ and the logic and reason bestowed upon me by the Father.

Once again you fall back on conspiracy theories and the old my denomination is right and everyone else is wrong hoo ha, I know many people who think like this the West Boro Baptist church comes to mind :pound:

I consider myself non-denominational, I can make my own informed opinion on what Christ has said. y[-o<
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Tripe? No, I don't think the internal schisms within the Anglican church are nonsense, but a serious and sad state of affairs of a Christian church becoming lukewarm.

I know the Anglican Church in Australia is a theological mish-mesh. I did have an Anglican lecturer, and familiar with much of his beliefs as a priest, which were sadly anti-Christian in nature spiritualising even Jesus' own resurrection.

Whether or not you're aware of it, I doubt many who form part of the congregation know about such liberalisation of their own denomination from the top-down. So it doesn't matter, but your association with Anglican helps to explain a lot to me.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:Tripe? No, I don't think the internal schisms within the Anglican church are nonsense, but a serious and sad state of affairs of a Christian church becoming lukewarm.

I know the Anglican Church in Australia is a theological mish-mesh. I did have an Anglican lecturer, and familiar with much of his beliefs as a priest, which were sadly anti-Christian in nature spiritualising even Jesus' own resurrection.

Whether or not you're aware of it, I doubt many who form part of the congregation know about such liberalisation of their own denomination from the top-down. So it doesn't matter, but your association with Anglican helps to explain a lot to me.
I think you must have a hard time in comprehending that I am not Anglican, so I will repeat myself, I am not Anglican, in fact I have attended a few different denominational Churches over the years, the reason I am at this particular one which happens to be Anglican (in name only) is because it is the closest to my home and one that is growing and vibrant, and most importantly it is the one that God has called me to. I like working with youth, especially disadvantaged youth, finally this year we have started our youth services, in less than 6 months we have over 50 kids a week from the community who come to our programs on a Friday night and we even have a large proportion of them coming to Sunday night services, we even had one give their life to Christ at our recent youth camp, she had never encountered Christs message before she came to the programs. I don't know what your definition of a lukewarm church is, but you are insulting the work of Christ when you say that about ours. :shakehead:

So pray tell, what is your denomination, so you can at least give me the chance to slander you back.............not that I would anyway.

Your smear campaign won't work and I think people will see it for what it is.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

I don't have a denomination, but call this church my home one: http://gatewaybaptist.com.au/

Re: smear campaign, no... I thought the Anglican schism over gay marriage were widely known. e.g., http://www.reuters.com/article/us-relig ... SKCN0UT0SA
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:I don't have a denomination, but call this church my home one: http://gatewaybaptist.com.au/

Re: smear campaign, no... I thought the Anglican schism over gay marriage were widely known. e.g., http://www.reuters.com/article/us-relig ... SKCN0UT0SA
You are trying to smear me because of the Anglican Church.

I don't recognise denominations either, the Church is the body of believers, not some man made institution that has schism and such. I have no idea of the internal politics of my own church on a local level, let alone have any idea what happens in the broader Anglican Diocese or the high church or what have you, and frankly I don't care. Trying to smear me as some sort of Anglican liberal rebel won't work.

Typical that you are a super conservative Baptist living in QLD, you don't have pictures of Pauline Hanson on your walls do you? :pound:

That was not a smear, just some lighthearted fun. :poke:

QLD 10yrs and 1 hour behind and redneck xenophobic central.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

I don't mind if you were trying to smear me, as people here can get a good sense of who I am, my beliefs and the like given my posts on this board over the many years. You'd just end up looking silly. ;)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:I don't mind if you were trying to smear me, as people here can get a good sense of who I am, my beliefs and the like given my posts on this board over the many years. You'd just end up looking silly. ;)
Yes and vice versa. I think we are both looking silly actually, I don't think your "reputation" will have any bearing on that.

It is typical of Baptists to think they are the only ones who are right though. :lol:

Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Yes, I'm sure there will be some surprises the other way too. (Matt 7:22-23)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Kurieuo wrote:Yes, I'm sure there will be some surprises the other way too. (Matt 7:22-23)
I see you have the judgement hammer all ready to go, by your own measure mate, by your own measure.

But this passage is not talking about what you think it is anyway..................... :shakehead:

It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it. ~Benjamin Franklin

I think your rep is in the bin mate.
Kurieuo
Honored Member

Post by Kurieuo »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:Yes, I'm sure there will be some surprises the other way too. (Matt 7:22-23)
I see you have the judgement hammer all ready to go, by your own measure mate, by your own measure.

But this passage is not talking about what you think it is anyway..................... :shakehead:

It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it. ~Benjamin Franklin

I think your rep is in the bin mate.
Thanks Dan for blessing me.
  • Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. (Matt 5:11)
Others here can decide what they think of me, but I'd much rather stand by Christ's words any day, no matter what society says, no matter what laws are passed that discriminate against Christians, no matter what people think, just like other followers of Christ whom you stand against: Jack Phillips the baker and Barronelle Stutzman the florist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMn3WycWJsg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDETkcCw63c