Miraculous healings today

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
jpbg33
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Miraculous healings today

Post by jpbg33 »

1Co 12:6  And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all. 
1Co 12:7  But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. 
1Co 12:8  For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 
1Co 12:9  To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 

Jesus said these thing will follow those that believe. To say that it has stopped following those that believe is to call Jesus a lier. He not a lier the bible tells us who is the lier.

The bible doesn't say that if you have the gift of healing then you can call it up at will, and it doesn't say if you have that gift you will have it far a long time either.

You may only have the gift of healing for one day. Just because you have the gift of healing in a service and someone is healed doesn't mean you will have that gift the next service. You can keep the gift far a while but just because you do not doesn't mean you never had it.

the bible talks about the faith the size of a mustered seed. So apparently me can have different amounts of faith. peoples faith now may not be enough to keep it for a prolong time.

the real reason we do not see healings happening in the world to day is because of the lack of faith. Even when Jesus was no earth when he healed someone he said according to your faith ye are healed He didn't say that every time but he said that on a lot of accusations. To be healed it requires faith from both the one with the Gift and the one being healed.

When we are saved the bible doesn't say we are given a gift of the Spirt. The only gift we are given at salvation is the gift of life. You will not find in the bible where anyone gets a gift of the Spirit other then the gift of life at the time they are saved.

Jesus said the things He did He didn't do them of Him self but He did them through the power of the Holy Spirit. That is why we can do grater things then Jesus did. It is because we can have the same Spirit working in us today not because we are better then Jesus.

To have the gift you must have faith and to be healed you most have faith. If you don't have faith then you will not be healed.

The lack of faith is the reason we do not see these thing happening today it is not because the gifts have stopped. What dose the bible say about faith in the last times? It says that when he comes back will he even find faith on earth. The gifts of the Spirit have not change the amount of faith we have has.

So according to the bible the lack of healing or other gifts is evidence of the lack of faith in our lives.

People here are wonting to see healings to believe in them. It doesn't work that way. You do not see to believe but you believe to see.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

^~~~ that's a Pentecostal, K. I'm sure you can appreciate my revulsion for that kind of foolishness.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

I don't mind you not agreeing completely with me, but what part is biblically wrong with what I said?

by the way I am agreeing with you on this subject.

didn't think I would agree with you or abelcainsbrother on any thing but I do mostly on this.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

We are definitely not agreeing on this.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

I don't get it where do you disagree. I have been reading your post and I mostly agree. basically we both believe the gift of healing is here to day.

I know that most people here do not wont to agree with me because I take my beliefs only from the bible.

It is like what David said in the bible Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against God. No one here would wont to agree with David either. Really petty.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

jpbg wrote:
I know that most people here do not wont to agree with me because I take my beliefs only from the bible.
y#-o
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

So RickD which one is not biblical maybe your reading from harry potter :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
Last edited by jpbg33 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jpbg33 wrote:So RickD which one is not biblical maybe your reading from harry potter :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
Your ability to understand is almost as bad as your grammar.

You said that most people don't want to agree with you BECAUSE you take your beliefs from the Bible.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

And ???

I guess you are saying that I am not supposed to use because there. Really!

I guess I should have expected limited knowledge from y'all, because y'all don't even know how to tell if your saved or not. :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

maybe y'all are writing books I am not I am just posting comments.

by the way because is right used that way.

if you are saying that it is not because I talk my beliefs from the bible. Then if they are from the bible why are you not agreeing?

I can nick pick y'all's comments as well I don't because that is rude. I read comments laugh to my self at the mistakes and comment on the meaning of the post. Get real! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by jpbg33 on Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

I really need to take my own advice.

Note to self: don't feed the trolls, you idiot!

-Edward R Murrow

jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

You had better hope some body feeds the trolls or you will die of hunger.
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

The bible never said the gifts of the Spirit would stop In the church. The one verse where it says the gifts well stop it wasn't referring to them stopping in the church as a whole, but it was comparing the gifts with charity. It was saying that a person may have different gifts and at some point there gifts will stop but if they have charity there charity will never fell. The point of those verses was to show us that having charity is better then having any of the gifts or any thing at all.

what does the last verse say?

1Co 13:13  And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity. 

So basically the greatest thing on earth is charity.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Jac3510 wrote:Lots of denominations are deeply divided over miracles/gifts today. I'd like to share my own views (as one who came out of a cessationist background), but in the meantime, here's a piece to get converastion going. Two short videos (both just over five minutes each):

https://www.cmalliance.org/video/watch/30048/
https://www.cmalliance.org/video/watch/30046/

In general, I'm curious about y'all's thoughts on healing today in general and your thoughts on the story here in particular. And just by way of disclaimer regarding motivation, these videos were displayed at our district conference this year (we have one annually). It's pretty typical of what I've seen elsewhere, both in my church and outside of it, and I thought it was a good representation and could put actual names/faces to otherwise abstract theological arguments.

Thoughts?
Well like with all healing recorded in the bible, the Pharisees in some people simply come out and deny God can do anything at all.

Seen many such things similar as the videos point out while at the same time folks demanding evidence and then shunning the evidence this evidence.

Simply put, God is sovereign and heals as he so chooses and is in no way enslaved to us to bow to our every whim.

In fact, we will all one day be healed from our afflictions, diseases, sins when the mortal perishes in death and we arise to the Lord in Heaven...

I simply pray for those who are ill and have learned that all healings are not physical as some deal with broken hearts...

Seen the Lord heal many. Best is, do you job, pray for the sick as well as for Spiritual the gifts of wisdom, knowledge, and discernment be granted to those suffering to be guided where they can receive help for their illness or those in their families. Let God be God in these matters and with that I have seen no failures in the giving of these three gifts to those in such need.

have a nice day...

:wave:
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

Hey RickD there is a typo on the web page.

Under your name where it say if you are a Christian or not yours says "yes".

Shouldn't it say "undecided"?

y:O2 y:O2 y:O2 y:O2 y:O2 y:O2 y:O2
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

RickD can I have mod powers for 30 seconds? Just tell me when my time starts. Promise I'll make really good use of it.