Miraculous healings today

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: Miraculous healings today

Post by B. W. »

crochet1949 wrote:
Jac3510 wrote:I wonder what that's about. PM me your email address and I'll email you a copy. :-/
Thanks for emailing me a copy -- for whatever reason -- the article won't print without shutting down my computer.
But at least it's in readable form. That's a lot to read from computer screen. Can you possibly do a quick summary?!
Excuse me for a moment :pound: short summery :lol:

There, I feel better now :wave:

Only one I know more long winded than I am... :mrgreen:
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

crochet1949 wrote:
Jac3510 wrote:I wonder what that's about. PM me your email address and I'll email you a copy. :-/

Thanks for emailing me a copy -- for whatever reason -- the article won't print without shutting down my computer.
But at least it's in readable form. That's a lot to read from computer screen. Can you possibly do a quick summary?!
A lot to read from a computer screen?

One suggestion: print it out, then read from paper. Problem solved. :fyi:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by crochet1949 »

RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:

A lot to read from a computer screen?

One suggestion: print it out, then read from paper. Problem solved. :fyi:

The Problem is that my computer / printer Won't print it out -- it shuts it down --my husband was Trying to do that.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Jac3510 wrote:If anyone is interested, I'm attaching a copy of a paper I wrote a few months ago on the notion of Christ as healer. Fleshes out the ideas a little more, I think.

Has anyone else read it?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

crochet1949 wrote:
Jac3510 wrote:If anyone is interested, I'm attaching a copy of a paper I wrote a few months ago on the notion of Christ as healer. Fleshes out the ideas a little more, I think.

Has anyone else read it?
Yes. I've read it.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:

Has anyone else read it?
Yes. I've read it.
So -- what are Your thoughts?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

crochet1949 wrote:
RickD wrote:
crochet1949 wrote:

Has anyone else read it?
Yes. I've read it.
So -- what are Your thoughts?
It doesn't address the original post in this thread, pertaining to whether or not the gift of healing is for today.

It's Jac's ideas on God's healing.

-Edward R Murrow

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

As the one who wrote it, I say it bears directly on whether or not the gift of healing is today. I don't use the word "gift" in the article, but it lays out in more detail the position I took on healing earlier in the thread.

And crochet, sorry about not posting a summary, at least yet. Sort of hard to do -- it's already something of a summary as is, but I'll see if I can condense it some later.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Jac3510 wrote:As the one who wrote it, I say it bears directly on whether or not the gift of healing is today. I don't use the word "gift" in the article, but it lays out in more detail the position I took on healing earlier in the thread.

And crochet, sorry about not posting a summary, at least yet. Sort of hard to do -- it's already something of a summary as is, but I'll see if I can condense it some later.
The only problem is that my computer won't print it out. My husband knows computers and printers -- when he tried to print it -- the computer shut down. Reading 9 pgs on a computer screen can be 'interesting'.

Scripture gives guidelines for 'healing' a procedure to follow. Even Then -- it is God who is doing the healing to bring glory to Himself. The person or group involved In the 'healing' is not to be given Any credit.

A thought has been shared that someone had prayed for the healing of a person and felt they were the one's Doing the healing. God simply chose to answer that person's prayer. That person did not have a gift of healing.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Of course, crochet. But that's a rather banal point. That's exactly the same thing with ANY gift whatsoever. I'm teaching tomorrow morning. Assuming that's a gift I have, and I work in it, is that not simply God? Do I deserve any credit? Of course not. Does the prophet deserve credit for his prophecy? Of course not. Does the person with great faith deserve credit for the faith? Of course not. And so a person through whom God heals deserves no credit. But that doesn't mean we don't call it what it is: a gift of healing.

And I don't know why your computer is having trouble printing out a pdf. With that said, I don't know why eight pages is too much to read on a screen, but that's just my own opinion. I read from a screen all the time.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

I think some demons need to be cast out of your computer crochet. :P
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Kurieuo wrote:I think some demons need to be cast out of your computer crochet. :P
Or just bring it to the elders to anoint it with oil.

-Edward R Murrow

Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

Or a sledgehammer. It's amazing what you can fix with a sledgehammer.
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Kurieuo wrote:
I think some demons need to be cast out of your computer crochet. :P

Or just bring it to the elders to anoint it with oil.
Now THAT was funny! :pound:

Hey, I'd guess a few shots of WD40 will do it!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Didn't God tell Adam that he could use any computer, but must not use an apple?
y:-?

-Edward R Murrow