Miraculous healings today

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Miraculous healings today

Post by crochet1949 »

Awe -- I just LOVE your guys' sense of humor.

Are you Trying to ruin my computer? Maybe you're trying to give me a hint to stay away from the Forum?!

In the world of healing. Healing that happened in Jesus' day in the Gospels. That was to show that something different was taking place when Jesus was around. He performed many 'signs and wonders' -- the parting of the Red Sea so the Children of Israel could cross and get away from the enemy. The feeding of the 5,000.

There are spiritual gifts that the Holy Spirit gives one or more to an individual upon their salvation. Depending on a person's particular situation -- but aren't they to be used within the church body? If the church body is located in Togo - Africa or Grand Rapids , Mich. The particular gifts Needed to aid the church body in functioning in a Godly manner might be different. Probably would be.

Maybe if people were in churches that preached God's Word all the time -- taught doctrine -- people would be more in tune to what God is able to Do in our daily lives.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Crochet,

You are the apple of God's iPhone.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
AreEl
Recognized Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Location: Considering a move to North Parricide in Jacob's Bosom.

Post by AreEl »

Back to the subject. Another true miracle story:

My sister decided to take up horseback riding on a whim. She paid the fee, got on the horse and it immediately started galloping at full speed. She had trouble holding on to the horse and slowly started slipping to one side. She slipped more and more on the side of the horse and was afraid of falling off. She prayed to God for help, asking Him to cushion her fall. She decided to throw herself off the horse but her foot got stuck in the stirrup. The horse kept galopping along and my sister's head was bobbing up & down close to the ground. She was terrified but just then the store clerk came and unplugged the horse. She was saved!

True story. I kid you not.
Doing nothing is hard. You never know when you are finished.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

AreEl wrote:Back to the subject. Another true miracle story:

My sister decided to take up horseback riding on a whim. She paid the fee, got on the horse and it immediately started galloping at full speed. She had trouble holding on to the horse and slowly started slipping to one side. She slipped more and more on the side of the horse and was afraid of falling off. She prayed to God for help, asking Him to cushion her fall. She decided to throw herself off the horse but her foot got stuck in the stirrup. The horse kept galopping along and my sister's head was bobbing up & down close to the ground. She was terrified but just then the store clerk came and unplugged the horse. She was saved!

I'm glad your sister was ok. That sounds like she had quite an ordeal. Btw, is your sister blonde?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

RickD wrote:Crochet,

You are the apple of God's iPhone.
You're so Sweet (I think) y/:]
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

That's been on Facebook a couple of times -- ''....just then the store clerk came and unplugged the horse. She was saved."
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

crochet1949 wrote:

That's been on Facebook a couple of times -- ''....just then the store clerk came and unplugged the horse. She was saved."
Wow, AreEl has his story on Facebook! You're famous RL!

-Edward R Murrow

jpbg33

Post by jpbg33 »

The bible dose say "by his strips we are healed".

Jac3510 good paper. (I think we can all see that I could have written it better though. wouldn't y'all like to read a 7 page post written by me.)

So Jesus said healings will fallow those that believe, James said to call on the elders of the church and for them to anoint with oil and pray and in Isaiah said by his strips we are healed.

After all of this and even move on healing in the bible. People still do not believe God heals today. It is a funny thing that people say they believe the bible and are Christians but when it comes down to it, if they do not see different promises from the bible happening in there lives then they do not believe them to be true.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

It's a good thing we don't judge a person's intelligence by how well he spells, and his proper use of grammar!
:shock:

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

After all of this and even move on healing in the bible. People still do not believe God heals today.
This is a false statement! I don't believe any Christian here denies that God doesn't still heal. The debate is about but ONE issue: Are there Christians walking earth today that have been giving the gift of instant/miraculously obvious healing - AND that have prolifically demonstrated such a gifting so that it is documented.

ALL I have seen in this thread are speculation and assertions, but no evidence put forward of such a gifting or people prolifically able to do what the Apostles and Jesus did. And if they cannot show that clearly to be the case, then more and more posts on this are just more piles of fairly worthless OPINIONS - THAT IS - at least to the key issue of contention: Healers walking around doing miraculous/instant healings of the kind Jesus and the Apostles did.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

Philip wrote:
After all of this and even move on healing in the bible. People still do not believe God heals today.
This is a false statement! I don't believe any Christian here denies that God doesn't still heal. The debate is about but ONE issue: Are there Christians walking earth today that have been giving the gift of instant/miraculously obvious healing - AND that have prolifically demonstrated such a gifting so that it is documented.

ALL I have seen in this thread are speculation and assertions, but no evidence put forward of such a gifting or people prolifically able to do what the Apostles and Jesus did. And if they cannot show that clearly to be the case, then more and more posts on this are just more piles of fairly worthless OPINIONS - THAT IS - at least to the key issue of contention: Healers walking around doing miraculous/instant healings of the kind Jesus and the Apostles did.

I agree -- "of the kind Jesus and the Apostles did" -- No we do Not find That happening in this day / age.

People ARE healed these days by God's power during their lifetime on this earth. But it's a different Kind Of healing.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

RickD wrote:It's a good thing we don't judge a person's intelligence by how well he spells, and his proper use of grammar!
But it Does say 'something' about the person. Such a person Should take the time to Learn proper spelling and use of grammar. He makes a better impression on those he / she is around. And as believers - we should want to make the best impression on others so they are Attracted to the God we are trying to share rather than distracted From.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

jpbg33 wrote:The bible dose say "by his strips we are healed".

Jac3510 good paper. (I think we can all see that I could have written it better though. wouldn't y'all like to read a 7 page post written by me.)

So Jesus said healings will fallow those that believe, James said to call on the elders of the church and for them to anoint with oil and pray and in Isaiah said by his strips we are healed.

After all of this and even move on healing in the bible. People still do not believe God heals today. It is a funny thing that people say they believe the bible and are Christians but when it comes down to it, if they do not see different promises from the bible happening in there lives then they do not believe them to be true.

Yes, Scripture Does say that "by His stripes we are healed" because the 'stripes' were incurred through the beating He received before being put on the cross. And the cross / His blood / dying in our place -- is what 'heals' a person spiritually.
You are connecting Scriptures that are not meant to Be connected. Both are True -- but not meant to be put together.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

crochet1949 wrote:
RickD wrote:It's a good thing we don't judge a person's intelligence by how well he spells, and his proper use of grammar!
But it Does say 'something' about the person. Such a person Should take the time to Learn proper spelling and use of grammar. He makes a better impression on those he / she is around. And as believers - we should want to make the best impression on others so they are Attracted to the God we are trying to share rather than distracted From.
My wife just submitted an application for a job that included a resume and cover letter. She paid attention to things as little as ensuring she always had the same number of spaces between sentences and that the fonts and styles of various headings were consistent. Then she said to me, "You can' tell people you are detail oriented and then not care about details. Kind of makes you a liar."

So, sure, you can be a grammar nazi for the purpose of being a troll. But if someone consistently demonstrates no interest in communicating clearly, I question their overall ability to pay attention to detail. And if they can't pay attention to detail, why would I trust their judgment on theological matters in which the details matter greatly? My wife might consider such a person a liar . . . and since I'd never call her a liar, I'd be obligated to agree with her. ;)
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

btw
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.