RTB: Serious Problems with Evolution

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: RTB: Serious Problems with Evolution

Post by RickD »

neo-x wrote:to differentiate between macro and micro evolution is at now, best an argument from ignorance. There's evidence after evidence. But to most Christians it's ez to reject it because they are looking for the wrong evidence. The famous crocaduck comes to mind and other examples. That is what is being expected, and thus the strawman is defeated.
No it's not. You keep saying that, but you still bring up evidence that you say shows macroevolution. But that evidence fits just as easily into Progressive Creationism.

You choose to accept the evidence points to (macro)Evolution, while others see Progressive Creationism.

At best from the evidence, you assume macro from micro.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Audie
Ultimate Member
Christian: No
Sex: Female
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
neo-x wrote:to differentiate between macro and micro evolution is at now, best an argument from ignorance. There's evidence after evidence. But to most Christians it's ez to reject it because they are looking for the wrong evidence. The famous crocaduck comes to mind and other examples. That is what is being expected, and thus the strawman is defeated.
No it's not. You keep saying that, but you still bring up evidence that you say shows macroevolution. But that evidence fits just as easily into Progressive Creationism.

You choose to accept the evidence points to (macro)Evolution, while others see Progressive Creationism.

At best from the evidence, you assume macro from micro.
It is hardly an assumption to say that all data is consistent with the theory.

The data for your "Progressor" . What evidence is there for its role in evolution?
(That isnt equally consistent with the "Bat Boy Done It" theory?)
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

Neo I realize most of the time when discussing evolution with creationists it comes down to micro and macroevolution,but that is not my argument at all. I don't even accept micro-evolution because it is just normal variation in reproduction,called micro-evolution,and when it comes to macro it is the same kind of evidence showing normal variation in reproduction,the only difference is they claim it cannot breed,but it does not matter whether it can or cannot breed it is still going to produce variation amongst the kind of life it is,so that it really does not matter if it can breed or not,or it will simply stop being produced like corn for example,if man stopped growing it? It would stop growing,it would not cause it to evolve,etc because of environmental pressures,it would go extinct. And scientists already know not all life can breed that is said to have evolved.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

I tutored a Japanese girl in English. Her sentences were long and ungrammatical, impossible to make sense of them. In Japanese, long sentences dont get grammatically difficult. I taught her to write short sentences. Stylistically, it left something to be desired, but, you could understand what she was saying, and the grammar was correct.

Hint: ab could try the same thing. PLEASE!!
Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

abelcainsbrother wrote:

Neo I realize most of the time when discussing evolution with creationists it comes down to micro and macroevolution,but that is not my argument at all. I don't even accept micro-evolution because it is just normal variation in reproduction,called micro-evolution,and when it comes to macro it is the same kind of evidence showing normal variation in reproduction,the only difference is they claim it cannot breed,but it does not matter whether it can or cannot breed it is still going to produce variation amongst the kind of life it is,so that it really does not matter if it can breed or not,or it will simply stop being produced like corn for example,if man stopped growing it? It would stop growing,it would not cause it to evolve,etc because of environmental pressures,it would go extinct. And scientists already know not all life can breed that is said to have evolved.
You could try admitting this is all your opinion instead of Truth from on high.
Which it aint.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

audie wrote:

You're right. Saying that all data is consistent with the theory, is an assertion. One yet to be shown.

The data for your "Progressor" . What evidence is there for its role in evolution?
Audie,

I have no idea what you just said. If you can't speak in proper English, I can't respond.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
audie wrote:

You're right. Saying that all data is consistent with the theory, is an assertion. One yet to be shown.

Audie,

I have no idea what you just said. If you can't speak in proper English, I can't respond.
So your response is to act silly.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
audie wrote:

Audie,

I'm being serious. I can't understand what you said. Please write in simple, easy to understand, English, if you want a response from me. I really don't have the desire to decipher your sentences.

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
audie wrote:

Audie,

I'm being serious. I can't understand what you said. Please write in simple, easy to understand, English, if you want a response from me. I really don't have the desire to decipher your sentences.
"One yet to be shown" is neither grammatically correct, nor true.

I asked for data for your agent responsible for "progressive creation".
Do ya got some? (That means, "Do you have some data?)

I doubt your reading and composition skills are as dim as you present them to be.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
audie wrote:

Audie,

I doubt your reading and composition skills are as dim as you present them to be.
You give me far too much credit, Audie.

As I said before, the data just as easily and consistently fits into progressive creation, as it does to the theory of evolution. Actually, I'd say it fits better into PC.

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote: You're right. Saying that all data is consistent with the theory, is an assertion. One yet to be shown.

Audie,

As I said before, the data just as easily and consistently fits into progressive creation, as it does to the theory of evolution. Actually, I'd say it fits better into PC.
I know you asserted that. But you've no basis for it, beyond personal whim.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:

Do you even have any idea what progressive creationism is, to make a statement like that?

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote: I'm being serious. I can't understand what you said. Please write in simple, easy to understand, English, if you want a response from me. I really don't have the desire to decipher your sentences.

Do you even have any idea what progressive creationism is, to make a statement like that?
Good, good, answer a quedtion with a question.

Takes fewer words to just say "I dont got no stinkin' data."
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:

I have the same data that everyone else has, Audie.
For example, the same evidence that hughfarey lists here, fits in a progressive creation system.

In other words, if it fits in PC, it doesn't make evolution the fact that everyone makes it out to be.

-Edward R Murrow

Audie
Ultimate Member

Post by Audie »

RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote:
Audie wrote:
RickD wrote: You give me far too much credit, Audie.

I have the same data that everyone else has, Audie.
For example, the same evidence that hughfarey lists here, fits in a progressive creation system.

In other words, if it fits in PC, it doesn't make evolution the fact that everyone makes it out to be.
Sure, there is data on aircraft production, too.

Relevant to your pc agent, no.

Having access to data, and having studied and understood it are not the same thing.
if they were, the janitor should be ok to do brain surgert when you need it..right?

You are drifting into ad's territory with that absurd thing about everyone
making out evolution to bd a fact.