Understanding the Trinity

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Understanding the Trinity

Post by RickD »

So,

Maybe one of you of the weaker sex can tell me why women are attracted to men that beat up women. I just don't get that. Do women like that kind of stuff?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:So,

Maybe one of you of the weaker sex can tell me why women are attracted to men that beat up women. I just don't get that. Do women like that kind of stuff?
we arent. at least not most of us, thankfully. although I will admit to having a few guys in my life that fit that profile. it isnt that we are attracted to the fact that they beat up women, we just dont know how they truly are until it is too late.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

jenna wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
jenna wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
jenna wrote: so what you are saying here is that even YOU dont know what you are saying? :shock:
i'm not sure why you chose that quote to make that point, but definitely, yes, i have even said as much. I do not know any more than anyone else knows, and you should not believe anything you hear, even if you heard it from me, if it does not fit with your own common sense and understanding. Conversely however, in some weird way, the whole of Scripture will now become available to one who has abandoned "knowing," as the Bible suggests.

Which let's admit, even if it was offensive on some level, the symbology was accurate enough, wasn't it? Although i guess i'll come up with a different example next time, more accessible perhaps. The only other one that springs to mind is about how we are drawn to sociopaths, who, naturally, gravitate to positions of power and authority, which is kind of nebulous? Lol
actually, no, the symbology was not accurate at all. to say a woman is drawn to a wife-beater is absurd. and now you say we are drawn to sociopaths as well? how exactly do you come to these conclusions?
the symbology of a woman being attracted to a charismatic or self confident man is not accurate? https://www.google.com/search?q=symbolo ... e&ie=UTF-8

don't miss "Why Are Men With Dark Triad Personalities So Irresistible To Women."

And now i say we are drawn to sociopaths as well https://www.google.com/search?q=we+are+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

see "Why Are Women Attracted To Psychopaths?"

but you do understand that this is not universal, i hope. People wise up, and young people move in to take the old's place, etc. I didn't mean that you, personally are necessarily in any group, and it is even possible, i guess, that you never were. Never beguiled by another human being? Hmm.
1) you did NOT say women were drawn to charismatic or self confident men. you said women were drawn to wife-beaters. huge difference there. one makes me wonder exactly how far gone you really are if you do not even know what you say
oh, i'm all the way gone, if the Tshirt got the name "wife beater" for no reason that anyone can discern but me. Women are drawn to charismatic or self confident men, and then discover that they are often wife-beaters, if you prefer. I mean, i didn't make this up, so i am not sure what you are saying. Sorry if i touched a nerve or something? My apologies.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

bbyrd009 wrote:
jenna wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
jenna wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:i'm not sure why you chose that quote to make that point, but definitely, yes, i have even said as much. I do not know any more than anyone else knows, and you should not believe anything you hear, even if you heard it from me, if it does not fit with your own common sense and understanding. Conversely however, in some weird way, the whole of Scripture will now become available to one who has abandoned "knowing," as the Bible suggests.

Which let's admit, even if it was offensive on some level, the symbology was accurate enough, wasn't it? Although i guess i'll come up with a different example next time, more accessible perhaps. The only other one that springs to mind is about how we are drawn to sociopaths, who, naturally, gravitate to positions of power and authority, which is kind of nebulous? Lol
actually, no, the symbology was not accurate at all. to say a woman is drawn to a wife-beater is absurd. and now you say we are drawn to sociopaths as well? how exactly do you come to these conclusions?
the symbology of a woman being attracted to a charismatic or self confident man is not accurate? https://www.google.com/search?q=symbolo ... e&ie=UTF-8

don't miss "Why Are Men With Dark Triad Personalities So Irresistible To Women."

And now i say we are drawn to sociopaths as well https://www.google.com/search?q=we+are+ ... e&ie=UTF-8

but you do understand that this is not universal, i hope. People wise up, and young people move in to take the old's place, etc. I didn't mean that you, personally are necessarily in any group, and it is even possible, i guess, that you never were. Never beguiled by another human being? Hmm.
1) you did NOT say women were drawn to charismatic or self confident men. you said women were drawn to wife-beaters. huge difference there. one makes me wonder exactly how far gone you really are if you do not even know what you say
oh, i'm all the way gone, if the Tshirt got the name "wife beater" for no reason that anyone can discern but me. Women are drawn to charismatic or self confident men, and then discover that they are often wife-beaters, if you prefer. I mean, i didn't make this up, so i am not sure what you are saying. Sorry if i touched a nerve or something? My apologies.
I accept your apology, although none was needed. I am just trying to make some sense out of what you said. you DID NOT SAY women are drawn to self confident men. you said women are drawn to wife beaters. period. perhaps you should learn to think before you speak, (or type) so mistakes like this dont happen and maybe you should learn to say things that can be easily understood.
some things are better left unsaid, which i generally realize after i have said them
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Philip wrote:
Philip: Seriously, seems like Bruce Metger echoed the same thing about no major theological changes in the uncertainties.
Jac: Correct.

:mrgreen:
Actually, it makes sense. I mean, as God views proper doctrine as important, and if Scripture is meant as communication that includes important doctrines, does it make sense that He would communicate important DOCTRINES in ways in which we could not correctly understand them, might dangerous MISunderstand them? There are the essentials, and then there are mysteries. I just don't buy into the likelihood of God making passages meant to convey important doctrines, in ways so vague as to be easily and wildly misinterpreted.
Yup, and that's one of the main reasons I accept the perspicuity of Scripture. It's just not that hard to understand. What's hard is to divorce yourself from all the stuff you've been told the Bible means and to let the text just be the text. But when you learn that habit, the Bible really does become pretty plain, at least on the essentials.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

jenna -- It would be a Great improvement if "009" Could say things that could be understood Period. Trying to have a conversation with him that makes sense is nearly impossible. :)
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

crochet1949 wrote:jenna -- It would be a Great improvement if "009" Could say things that could be understood Period. Trying to have a conversation with him that makes sense is nearly impossible. :)
i know, i have tried. maybe one day. not gonna hold my breath though.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

crochet1949 wrote:jenna -- It would be a Great improvement if "009" Could say things that could be understood Period. Trying to have a conversation with him that makes sense is nearly impossible. :)
You women are just a little slow to understand bbyrd009. I have no problem understanding what he says.
:shock: :fainting:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jenna
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by jenna »

RickD wrote:
You women are just a little slow to understand bbyrd009. I have no problem understanding what he says.
oh good! Crochet, i have found our translator! :twodancing:
bbyrd009
BANNED
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by bbyrd009 »

jenna wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
jenna wrote:
bbyrd009 wrote:
jenna wrote: actually, no, the symbology was not accurate at all. to say a woman is drawn to a wife-beater is absurd. and now you say we are drawn to sociopaths as well? how exactly do you come to these conclusions?

I accept your apology, although none was needed. I am just trying to make some sense out of what you said. you DID NOT SAY women are drawn to self confident men. you said women are drawn to wife beaters. period. perhaps you should learn to think before you speak, (or type) so mistakes like this dont happen and maybe you should learn to say things that can be easily understood.
surely you are right, yes. have a nice evening.
"Creation is continuous, and never stops."
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Jac3510 wrote:
Kurieuo wrote:I've thought on the whole fruit thing, and see some merit, specifically here with Bbyrd. I mean the whole time while at this board Bbyrd, I must say I'm not sure I've seen any fruit from you, other than uniting others against you and your beliefs.

Perhaps you need to revise what you believe accordingly, and I'd very much encourage you to do so and return to more fruitful and correct doctrine.

You also often mention witnesses, and I'm sure there are many witnesses here who'd agree.
Don't forget the fruit of praising wife-beaters! And I don't mean these:

My wife bought me two of them, I can't stand them. Reminds me of a guy my sister was with who did abuse her. So must be something about them. I just dropped them off a charity bin. Maybe my wife is telling me that she wants a beating? y:-/
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Jac: Yup, and that's one of the main reasons I accept the perspicuity of Scripture. It's just not that hard to understand. What's hard is to divorce yourself from all the stuff you've been told the Bible means and to let the text just be the text. But when you learn that habit, the Bible really does become pretty plain, at least on the essentials.
Ah, but along with the clear, straight-forward understandings are the thought-provoking mysteries. As how could an eternal, all-knowing, all-powerful God not exude many incredible mysteries to His finite creatures? One of the things I laugh at the most is when some prideful pinhead, so full of himself, asserts one of those "no intelligent God would have every done this or that," as "that's just illogical!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Image[/quote]
K: My wife bought me two of them, I can't stand them.
Easy solution - just have her wear them!
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

jenna wrote:
RickD wrote:
oh good! Crochet, i have found our translator! :twodancing:

RickD. -- ya, Sure you understand 009 -- :shakehead: Remember -- You were surprised that I could make head or tails out of what he was saying

jenna -- your sense of humor is refreshing. As you're probably aware of -- I've Tried to get down to bare basic facts of what salvation is and he even gets into his 'psycho-babble' over That.

Did you find my attempt at explaining the trinity in regards To salvation? I'm not trying to come across as an 'expert' of any sort, but simply sharing how salvation is made possible By the Godhead. My daughter and I got onto this subject the other evening. There are those who feel that salvation Necessitates the acceptance Of the trinity. But it's 'the other way around'. Without the Godhead, there would be no salvation. Each part Of the Godhead has a necessary/ important part Of making salvation Possible. :ebiggrin:
crochet1949
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by crochet1949 »

RickD. -- seems that I over-looked some of your 'visuals' -- you were being 'sarcastic' maybe. :)