Putin on Religion and Western civilization

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
IceMobster
Christian: No
Sex: Male

Re: Putin on Religion and Western civilization

Post by IceMobster »

abelcainsbrother wrote:
Hortator wrote:This is probably a controversial view, but are we sure Vladimir Putin is as bad as we think he is?

I mean, according to prophecy, Israel will be threatened from the east (Islam) and the north (Russia/more Islam?) but maybe Putin is not the Ba'al we're looking for?
I agree,according to bible prophecy Russia will lead a coalition of Islamic nations in a war against Israel and nobody helps Israel,including the US,UK,etc and yet Israel wins this war because God himself will helps them win. But they seem to be no threat to the US,only Israel.
Ahahahaaaaaaaaa :lol:

Israelis did not accept the Son of Man and the Son of God. God has no obligations to them (nor to anyone for that matter).

Israel will win the war because it has more powerful military than some of their neighbours combined (and because USA is its close ally). Not because God chooses to do so. Or will He revert that one missile again? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You are beyond delusional.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

IceMobster wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:
Hortator wrote:This is probably a controversial view, but are we sure Vladimir Putin is as bad as we think he is?

I mean, according to prophecy, Israel will be threatened from the east (Islam) and the north (Russia/more Islam?) but maybe Putin is not the Ba'al we're looking for?
I agree,according to bible prophecy Russia will lead a coalition of Islamic nations in a war against Israel and nobody helps Israel,including the US,UK,etc and yet Israel wins this war because God himself will helps them win. But they seem to be no threat to the US,only Israel.

Israelis did not accept the Son of Man and the Son of God. God has no obligations to them (nor to anyone for that matter).

Israel will win the war because it has more powerful military than some of their neighbours combined (and because USA is its close ally). Not because God chooses to do so. Or will He revert that one missile again? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

He is delusional because of his biblical interpretation?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

IceMobster wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

Says the molecules-to-man atheist :lol:
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
IceMobster

Post by IceMobster »

RickD wrote:He is delusional because of his biblical interpretation?
Yes. Or would you claim no biblical interpretation can be delusional?
Stu wrote:Says the molecules-to-man atheist :lol:
I am no damn atheist.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGOXMf6yDCU

Fecisti nos ad te, Domine, et inquietum est cor nostrum donec requiescat in te!
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Stu »

IceMobster wrote:
RickD wrote:He is delusional because of his biblical interpretation?
Yes. Or would you claim no biblical interpretation can be delusional?
Stu wrote:Says the molecules-to-man atheist :lol:
I am no damn atheist.
Ah, what are you then?
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
abelcainsbrother
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Post by abelcainsbrother »

IceMobster wrote:
abelcainsbrother wrote:

Jesus said the Jews will be trodden down of the gentiles until the times of the gentiles be fulfilled,so people like you are fulfilling this prophecy but the bible then teaches God will turn back to the Jews his people and they will accept Jesus whom they had rejected but they go through the tribulation period. God has not broken the blood covenant he made with Abraham concerning his seed and 144,000 jews from the twelve tribes of Israel come out of the trib believing in Jesus.I don't think you read Ezekiel 38 because it says the opposite of what you say.
As far as diverting the missile? Learn the parable of the fig tree. Also both Jews and Gentiles were at the cross crucifying Jesus,so you cannot just blame Jews. Jesus was beaten and whipped by Roman soldiers and mocked by them. We were all at the cross through them crucifying Jesus and rejecting him.
Hebrews 12:2-3 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith;who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross,despising the shame,and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

2nd Corinthians 4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not,lest the light of this glorious gospel of Christ,who is the image of God,should shine unto them.
Hortator
Advanced Senior Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Hortator »

Another thing about Putin, have you guys ever seen a national leader give such a pro-Christian proclamation like this before in recent memory? I don't even think the current Pope gives this much lip service.

I mean true, words are words, and Putin's actions certainly don't fit what he is saying. But that's my point, even if they are words, he is the *only* leader of a country I have seen give so much support to Christians and Christianity. If there are others I'm overlooking, please correct me.
edwardmurphy
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by edwardmurphy »

I don't know if there are others currently paying lip service to Christianity. Probably, if it suits their interests to do so. The historical examples that stand out for me are Fransisco Franco and Benito Mussolini. Granted, both were fascists, but Franco wasn't such a bad guy.