Heaven

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
alselec
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Heaven

Post by alselec »

I belive in Jesus. One of many questions I have is: The bible says there will be no tears, suffering, pain etc in Heaven. But when we make it to Heaven and say a loved one doesn't, wouldn't we be sad and have pain knowing our loved one didn't? I've been trying to figure this out.
Fisherman
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Re: Heaven

Post by Fisherman »

alselec wrote:I belive in Jesus. One of many questions I have is: The bible says there will be no tears, suffering, pain etc in Heaven. But when we make it to Heaven and say a loved one doesn't, wouldn't we be sad and have pain knowing our loved one didn't? I've been trying to figure this out.
The way I understand it, the appropriate deletions will be made to your data files you won't remember anyone who didn't make it. I'm not sure about that though.

If not that, I think that we'll think a different way there and we'll know more about the nature of things and won't be sad or unhappy. Heaven is such a totally different sort of place in every way that we just don't have any idea what it'll be like.
Ain't what I otta be, Ain’t what I wanta be, Ain't what I could be, Image

But, thank God, I Ain't what I used to be, And, Praise God, I, Ain't what I'm gonna be! :D
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Believer »

Heaven only has glimpses in the Bible. Near Death Experiences do too, however I wouldn't give much credit to it, but it is certainly possible that people who experience it are real. The way I see it is that it is something we can't describe by our own minds, we simply don't know His mind, we can know His nature through nature, but not His mind, and much, much more. I completely believe God understands what happens for each individual and how they will feel about a lost one. You know how God presents Himself in many ways to believers? Well, I believe He will present Himself in a different way to that person so they have no way of feeling sadness of any kind. God is pure love, and to be in pure love, I would think that a saved believer in Heaven would know where the lost is at, but I don't believe they will be sad about it. Upon resurrection and all is judged, everyone will see what they had done in their life no matter how nice or mean they were, it all depends on their faith and how they served the Lord. They would see who that person REALLY was, which is why it is a requirement for all people to be judged to see how that member of the larger family lived their life. And when that happens, that person who does go to Heaven will know that although NOW that person deserves punishment, he/she will not be in tears, as love for that person expired during interaction when they were alive. It is a one chance deal. So all in all, God has this all perfectly planned out, He knows how to handle this, and all we can do is keep praying for a lost loved one and hope they come to see the Lord, and for that person praying to continue in their belief and strengthen it all they possibly can.
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

I like Thinker's response. I think he puts it very well.
I asked a very similar question once of Randy Alcorn, Eternal Perspective Ministries, and this was his answer here.