Having Hard Times - Prayer Would Be Nice

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Having Hard Times - Prayer Would Be Nice

Post by Believer »

Hey all brothers and sisters (whom I wish I could meet). I am having a really hard time coping with life right now, really emotional, really sad, and not liking myself. My grandpa died over a week ago and that is probably PART of the reason I am having feelings. But the other part is that I just don't like my life. I had dreams as a child and all of them were torn apart when we moved to NW Oregon from Southern California. Examples would be that I would already be married, living on my own with my wife, having children, being financially stable, staying thin (which I gained much weight), having a healthy life, having real friends, etc... None of these dreams happened, I have been couped up here in my room for years brainwashing myself that I am the lowest on the human scale of successful people. I rate myself as a hopeless homeless person, but I am not, I just feel strongly that way. Please pray for me if you can as that would be greatly appreciated! More specifically, please pray that I can grow closer to God and more to Jesus (HE exists). I feel like a Jew only believing more in God than Jesus, but knowing Jesus is real too. I am just an emotional wreck! Everything is going wrong in my life. I broke down in tears for almost one solid hour today seeing my psychiatrist whom I love (he is a man, not that kind of love though). Please help me through this, Thank You!

Lots of scripture to reflect on would be great too.

God bless!
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Re: Having Hard Times - Prayer Would Be Nice

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Thinker wrote:Hey all brothers and sisters (whom I wish I could meet). I am having a really hard time coping with life right now, really emotional, really sad, and not liking myself. My grandpa died over a week ago and that is probably PART of the reason I am having feelings. But the other part is that I just don't like my life. I had dreams as a child and all of them were torn apart when we moved to NW Oregon from Southern California. Examples would be that I would already be married, living on my own with my wife, having children, being financially stable, staying thin (which I gained much weight), having a healthy life, having real friends, etc... None of these dreams happened, I have been couped up here in my room for years brainwashing myself that I am the lowest on the human scale of successful people. I rate myself as a hopeless homeless person, but I am not, I just feel strongly that way. Please pray for me if you can as that would be greatly appreciated! More specifically, please pray that I can grow closer to God and more to Jesus (HE exists). I feel like a Jew only believing more in God than Jesus, but knowing Jesus is real too. I am just an emotional wreck! Everything is going wrong in my life. I broke down in tears for almost one solid hour today seeing my psychiatrist whom I love (he is a man, not that kind of love though). Please help me through this, Thank You!

God bless!
One step at a time. Start with a nice long jog.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: Having Hard Times - Prayer Would Be Nice

Post by Jbuza »

Thinker wrote:Hey all brothers and sisters (whom I wish I could meet). I am having a really hard time coping with life right now, really emotional, really sad, and not liking myself. My grandpa died over a week ago and that is probably PART of the reason I am having feelings. But the other part is that I just don't like my life. I had dreams as a child and all of them were torn apart when we moved to NW Oregon from Southern California. Examples would be that I would already be married, living on my own with my wife, having children, being financially stable, staying thin (which I gained much weight), having a healthy life, having real friends, etc... None of these dreams happened, I have been couped up here in my room for years brainwashing myself that I am the lowest on the human scale of successful people. I rate myself as a hopeless homeless person, but I am not, I just feel strongly that way. Please pray for me if you can as that would be greatly appreciated! More specifically, please pray that I can grow closer to God and more to Jesus (HE exists). I feel like a Jew only believing more in God than Jesus, but knowing Jesus is real too. I am just an emotional wreck! Everything is going wrong in my life. I broke down in tears for almost one solid hour today seeing my psychiatrist whom I love (he is a man, not that kind of love though). Please help me through this, Thank You!

God bless!
I imagine that you then have ambitions, that your difficulties get in the way of. I know it's hard not to dwell on your problems. There is no reason you cannot continue to work toward your goals, they may need to cahnge some. All any of us can do, Is live life as we find it.

Job 5

1 Call now, if there be any that will answer thee; and to which of the saints wilt thou turn? 2 For wrath killeth the foolish man, and envy slayeth the silly one. 3 I have seen the foolish taking root: but suddenly I cursed his habitation. 4 His children are far from safety, and they are crushed in the gate, neither is there any to deliver them. 5 Whose harvest the hungry eateth up, and taketh it even out of the thorns, and the robber swalloweth up their substance. 6 Although affliction cometh not forth of the dust, neither doth trouble spring out of the ground; 7 Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward. 8 I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause: 9 Which doeth great things and unsearchable; marvellous things without number: 10 Who giveth rain upon the earth, and sendeth waters upon the fields: 11 To set up on high those that be low; that those which mourn may be exalted to safety. 12 He disappointeth the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise. 13 He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong. 14 They meet with darkness in the day time, and grope in the noonday as in the night. 15 But he saveth the poor from the sword, from their mouth, and from the hand of the mighty. 16 So the poor hath hope, and iniquity stoppeth her mouth. 17 Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty: 18 For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: he woundeth, and his hands make whole. 19 He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee. 20 In famine he shall redeem thee from death: and in war from the power of the sword. 21 Thou shalt be hid from the scourge of the tongue: neither shalt thou be afraid of destruction when it cometh. 22 At destruction and famine thou shalt laugh: neither shalt thou be afraid of the beasts of the earth. 23 For thou shalt be in league with the stones of the field: and the beasts of the field shall be at peace with thee. 24 And thou shalt know that thy tabernacle shall be in peace; and thou shalt visit thy habitation, and shalt not sin. 25 Thou shalt know also that thy seed shall be great, and thine offspring as the grass of the earth. 26 Thou shalt come to thy grave in a full age, like as a shock of corn cometh in in his season. 27 Lo this, we have searched it, so it is; hear it, and know thou it for thy good.
just_a_dork87
Newbie Member

Post by just_a_dork87 »

Romans 15:13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in your faith, that by the power of the Holy Spirit, your whole life and outlook my be radiant with hope.
jabez
Acquainted Member

Post by jabez »

Hello there Thinker :)

You wrote
I have been couped up here in my room for years brainwashing myself that I am the lowest on the human scale of successful people. I rate myself as a hopeless homeless person, but I am not, I just feel strongly that way. Please pray for me if you can as that would be greatly appreciated! More specifically, please pray that I can grow closer to God and more to Jesus (HE exists). I feel like a Jew only believing more in God than Jesus, but knowing Jesus is real too. I am just an emotional wreck! Everything is going wrong in my life. I broke down in tears for almost one solid hour today seeing my psychiatrist whom I love (he is a man, not that kind of love though). Please help me through this, Thank You!

You are at home with God, in His kingdom, and He cares for you more than you can ever realise! Remember what Jesus taught us?:
Matt 10:29-31
Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. :D
and in the Old Testament, God tells His people so often how much he cares for them (us), if only we will let him! We have to yield to His love :)

He is with you always :)
jabez