Black Leopard-Macroevoulution ?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
numeral2_5
Established Member
Christian: No

Black Leopard-Macroevoulution ?

Post by numeral2_5 »

I have recently heard on television that the Black Leopard has attained high population in the area around India. It has said that there has been substantal growth of this mutation in the last hundred years.

They have said that taxonomists may start to classify this population in India as a new species. It is claimed as an early documented case in history of macroevoulution.

I want to know other peoples take on this.
Ark~Magic
Established Member

RE:

Post by Ark~Magic »

What does this have to do with macroevolution? A black leopard populating at high levels does nothing to prove this, IMO.

It provides a case for a microevolution, but not macro.
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust
numeral2_5
Established Member

Post by numeral2_5 »

It's not my opinion just what I had heard on television; I don't consider it macroevolution neither.
numeral2_5
Established Member

Post by numeral2_5 »

They were also saying it was because of the rainforest environment of central asia causing this trend as opposed to them regulars in the savannah of Africa.
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Wow, someone is looking for anything that looks like proof of macroevolution.....lol...black tiger is microevolution, and still a tiger...
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Wow, someone is looking for anything that looks like proof of macroevolution.....lol...black tiger is microevolution, and still a tiger...
By definition macroevolution is a result of many microevolution events, so how does one observe it?
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
David Turell
Acquainted Member

Macroevolution

Post by David Turell »

...[/quote]

By definition macroevolution is a result of many microevolution events, so how does one observe it?[/quote]

The Cambrian Explosion shows no evidence of many microevolution events. Darwin cannot explain it, but it was a 5 million year macroevolutionary process
numeral2_5
Established Member

Post by numeral2_5 »

So David what do you think about this leopard thing?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:Wow, someone is looking for anything that looks like proof of macroevolution.....lol...black tiger is microevolution, and still a tiger...
By definition macroevolution is a result of many microevolution events, so how does one observe it?
No it's not-macroevolution is not a build up of microevolution. If you have a build up of microevolution, you just have more variants of one kind of animal.

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

-Anonymous
David Turell
Acquainted Member

Post by David Turell »

numeral2_5 wrote:So David what do you think about this leopard thing?
The definition of a species is reproduction within the type. If these black leopards can reproduce with other leopards then it is microevolution.
numeral2_5
Established Member

Post by numeral2_5 »

That is the true definition of a species but it is a rule that is often ignored when they are determining species differences like domestic animals like the dog and their wild counterparts.
sandy_mcd
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by sandy_mcd »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:No it's not-macroevolution is not a build up of microevolution. If you have a build up of microevolution, you just have more variants of one kind of animal.
Hey Kmart, can you tell blue from green ? [Simple yes or no answer will suffice.]
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member

sandy_mcd wrote:
AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:No it's not-macroevolution is not a build up of microevolution. If you have a build up of microevolution, you just have more variants of one kind of animal.
Hey Kmart, can you tell blue from green ? [Simple yes or no answer will suffice.]
I sense a trap....yes? I think I know where you're going with this...
Attachments
spectrum.gif
spectrum.gif (40.89 KiB) Viewed 4870 times

- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

-Anonymous
sandy_mcd
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by sandy_mcd »

AttentionKMartShoppers wrote:I sense a trap....yes?
Exactly, you are correct, it is a setup, and you know where I am going, so you already have a response, which you can post as soon as I figure out how to include pictures rather than links.
Humans have a penchant for putting things into boxes, even if there is a continuum of categories. For examples, race, grades, whatever.

Caption for second picture, preview is not same as post. [Now to figure out how to delete errant posts.] In fact, the color spectrum is continuous. Where does blue stop and green begin ? Given the conventional definitions of color, there are some shades of blue and green (green-blue and blue-green) that are closer in appearance than some shades of blue (violet-blue and green-blue). So it is with the definition of species; it is hard to tell where one stops and another starts. There are no proposed big jumps (e.g., raccoons do not give birth to cats) just as colors do not suddenly change in the spectrum; but if you look at both ends, blue and green are distinct colors. [Note that the definition of kinds - descendants of a pair of animals created by God - does have separate boxes.]
Attachments
In fact, the color spectrum is continuous.  Where does blue stop and green begin ?  Given the conventional definitions of color, there are some shades of blue and green (green-blue and blue-green) that are closer in appearance than some shades of blue (vi
In fact, the color spectrum is continuous. Where does blue stop and green begin ? Given the conventional definitions of color, there are some shades of blue and green (green-blue and blue-green) that are closer in appearance than some shades of blue (vi
aaaa2.jpg (11.68 KiB) Viewed 4855 times
For example, this explanation of a rainbow shows the visible light spectrum conveniently broken down by color with seven distinct and separate color categories.
For example, this explanation of a rainbow shows the visible light spectrum conveniently broken down by color with seven distinct and separate color categories.
aaa1.jpg (10.55 KiB) Viewed 4855 times
Last edited by sandy_mcd on Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sandy_mcd
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by sandy_mcd »

why is post caption shorter than preview caption ?
i will delete this later
FAq on how to delete does not mention how to do it
also my pictures disappeared.
Attachments
aaaa2.jpg
aaaa2.jpg (11.68 KiB) Viewed 4833 times
aaa1.jpg
aaa1.jpg (10.55 KiB) Viewed 4833 times
Last edited by sandy_mcd on Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.