Left Behind...the Rapture.

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Ark~Magic
Established Member

RE:

Post by Ark~Magic »

I think I am a furturist. I don't think those events happened yet, but that we misunderstand what Jesus meant by "this generation."
Yes, I think they do. (In regards to futurists...)
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

So all the false prophets have already come, all betrayels of Christians have already happened, the sun has already darkened, the moon already went out, and the stars have already fallen from the sky? Or just the temple stuff (according to Preterists)?
Ark~Magic
Established Member

RE:

Post by Ark~Magic »

The sun never darkened, the stars never fell and the moon never went out; if you read the context of the scriptures closely, as this has already been explained numerous times, they are recalling past judgements on other cities such as Edom, among others.
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

...as this has already been explained numerous times...
:? You're such an angry person, ArkMagic. You know, you don't have to explain it to me if you don't want to. Also, ever thought that I'm asking because maybe I'm a new Christian, or maybe I missed this, or maybe I don't yet understand?
...they are recalling past judgements on other cities such as Edom, among others.
How do they know this or how did they come to this determination?
Ark~Magic
Established Member

RE:

Post by Ark~Magic »

How do they know this or how did they come to this determination?
Well, if you've ever read the stories of the bible, you'd recognize these were recalling past judgements of other cities as mentioned in other biblical books, that's what I mean.

Take a look at this:
http://www.preteristsite.com
That's Dee Dee Warren's page.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

Mystical wrote:So all the false prophets have already come, all betrayels of Christians have already happened, the sun has already darkened, the moon already went out, and the stars have already fallen from the sky? Or just the temple stuff (according to Preterists)?
Mystical,

All of the things that Jesus spoke of in the Olivet Discourse occurred withing the Apostle's generation (Matthew 24:34). I'll prove it in another thread.
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

Well, if you've ever read the books of the bible, you'd recognize...
I haven't read the entire bible yet. Also, if it were that simple, there would be no futurists.

Puritan Lad,

Thank you, I will definately take a look at that.