Hovind/Callahan Debate Update

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
johndcal
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Hovind/Callahan Debate Update

Post by johndcal »

The Hovind/Callahan debate page at Faith & Reason Ministries has been updated with expanded commentary, more pictures, and a video clip. The debate page is the ministries' most popular.

So if you missed the original publication or wish to see the most recent version, don't miss the action: young Earth creationism (YEC) vs. theistic evolution. Included are the entire Dec-5-04 debate (mp3) and excerpts (mp3), a video clip (mov, wmv, mpg), photos, commentary and links (including links to Callahan's letter to Hovind and Hovind's radio response, Aug-26-04, mp3).

See the Hovind/Callahan debate link at Faith & Reason Ministries, http://www.faithreason.org/

numeral2_5
Established Member

Post by numeral2_5 »

That Hovnid fellow seems reasonable, that other guy seems a bit wacky to say that the geological evidence supports a six thousand year ago creation.
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion."
-Abe Lincoln
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

That is what Hovind says I thought...?
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
numeral2_5
Established Member

Post by numeral2_5 »

Sorry, mistake.
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion."
-Abe Lincoln
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

numeral2_5 wrote:That Hovnid fellow seems reasonable, that other guy seems a bit wacky to say that the geological evidence supports a six thousand year ago creation.
Care to explain, but use small words cuase I must be a bit wacky also. What specific observations make you think that creation at 6000 years ago is wacky?
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Maybe it is just Hovind's charming style... ;)

There is another debate Hovind had with Hugh Ross. The transcripts can be found at http://www.ankerberg.com/Articles/archives-sc.htm. Scroll down to January 2001 ("Are the Universe and the Earth Billions of Years Old or Just Thousands of Years Old? The Big Bang—Part One") where it starts, and read up through them. Only the video is much better... :(

Kurieuo
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)