Sperm Donors

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
Mystical
Valued Member

Sperm Donors

Post by Mystical »

Alot of single women are beginning to choose to start a family before marriage, with the use of artificial insemination (sperm donors). What do you guys think about this? Do you believe God would see this as "right" or "wrong"? Why?
ryo dokomi
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by ryo dokomi »

WRONG!!!!!!
God made the rule about marrage for many reasons, and one of them was about the children. is because He knew that it is important for the child to have a real father, and for the parents to be ready for the child, that was one of the reasons for marrage, to show that you are ready. of course its not THE reason, but one of them nonetheless.
Therefore, submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7

it is all about submitting before God, then, and only then, will we have the promise given in Luke 10:19
madscientist
Valued Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Sperm donor

Post by madscientist »

No way! I cant stand this. But the fact why isnt because of IVF etc. Actually i see IVF an acceptable way of getting pregnant. What i dont accept is choice (choosing best embryos and so) and the fact which i find extremely immoral is the random sperms etc. If the spoerms came from her husband i see no prb with that. But with sperm of a stranger... NO!

I cannot view myself giving sperm and actually knowing there are some kids who have my genetic info, my genetic children who i dont even know who they are. Just cant accetp that. Id never gove sperm to a stranger so that she cud have kids,. They'd be mine and i wuldnt have them? NO!!!
So thats why i think it is wrong...