The Olivet Discourse Fulfilled

Discussions on Christian eschatology including different views pertaining to Jesus' second coming, rapture and tribulation, the millennium, and so forth.
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

So, which are agreed upon to have occurred. What do futurists say about the "this generation" issue.

If I am getting too annoying, let me know, and I will do my own research. It's just, I must admit, I can sometimes be a bit lazy. :oops:
Ark~Magic
Established Member

RE:

Post by Ark~Magic »

It's funny how Fortigreen would use this whole arguement about how 'new' preterism is but not ask the same thing about the christadelphian's interpretation of the bible.
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust
Fortigurn
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: RE:

Post by Fortigurn »

Ark~Magic wrote:It's funny how Fortigreen would use this whole arguement about how 'new' preterism is but not ask the same thing about the christadelphian's interpretation of the bible.
Believe me, I have. I have spent some years in personal research of early Christian history.

Perhaps you're unaware of the fact that a belief in God as one person actually precedes the Christian era. There's this thing called the 'Old Testament'.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

Mystical wrote:So, Jesus won't come riding on clouds? There won't be an increase in wars and natural disasters to precede the end? This kind of makes sense because Jesus stated that no one will know the end and it will come without warning...if these events were to happen to precede the end they would be signs and that would kind of contradict the bible.

I am confused on the AntiChrist issue. Is he supposed to stand in some temple and declare himself God? Did Nero do this?

Any other articles I can read on this--simpler the better!
Ummm. I think the Bible clearly says that if anyone comes to you saying here Jesus has returned, or there Jesus has returned isn't Biblical. The Bible says his return will be like the lightening that shineth from sky to sky. The Bible also specifically tells of warning signs that will show when the end is nearing.

I think the meaning of the passage is that no man can know the time so that he could live his life in wickidness and then say I'm in five minutes before the bell, so to speak. That is not to say that a person couldn't choose salvation if they desire.
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

Really confusing. Almost too confusing.
Fortigurn
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Fortigurn »

Ark~Magic, your posts seem incongruously full of profanity, vulgarisms, and personal insults for someone professing Christ.
Believer
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by Believer »

Fortigurn wrote:Ark~Magic, your posts seem incongruously full of profanity, vulgarisms, and personal insults for someone professing Christ.
I second that Fortigurn :wink:!
Fortigurn
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Fortigurn »

Amazing, someone agrees with me.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: RE:

Post by Jbuza »

Ark~Magic wrote:
Ummm. I think the Bible clearly says that if anyone comes to you saying here Jesus has returned, or there Jesus has returned isn't Biblical.
You're thinking of full preterism, dolt.
That's all right ask anyone who knows me well there is no doubt I am a dolt. Thank You!

But, actually I'm not thinking about any ism or nothing of the sort I am thinking about scripture that says that.

I can assure you there won't be any doubt are small sects claiming that Jesus has returned, because when he does everyone is going to know.

Matthew 24:27
For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

Mark 13
24"But in those days, following that distress,
" 'the sun will be darkened,
and the moon will not give its light;
25the stars will fall from the sky,
and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.'[d]

26"At that time men will see the Son of Man coming in clouds with great power and glory. 27And he will send his angels and gather his elect from the four winds, from the ends of the earth to the ends of the heavens.

Revelation 19
11I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and makes war. 12His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15Out of his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. "He will rule them with an iron scepter."[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:
KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS.

17And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, "Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and mighty men, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, small and great."

19Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to make war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21The rest of them were killed with the sword that came out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.
Ark~Magic
Established Member

re:

Post by Ark~Magic »

LOL!!!!!!

This guy not only ignores everybody's posts, but also acts as if we're the ignorant ones and quotes scripture out of context. LOL!!!!!
"And I shall slay them who partake of futurism, for in the preterist light there will be everlasting salvation, truth, and peace." ~ Faust
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Re: re:

Post by Jbuza »

Ark~Magic wrote:LOL!!!!!!

This guy not only ignores everybody's posts, but also acts as if we're the ignorant ones and quotes scripture out of context. LOL!!!!!
I know I'm rude and ignorant my friend. Bless you, but can you show me how I have twisted the context, I simply quoted scripture that seems to indicate things about Jesus return. What claims, Sir, did I make that were in error. I know that you will be kind and let me know where I have been in error.

Please accept my apologies, I'm sure I didn't intend to call anyone ignorant, or ignore anyone. I simply responded to comments while I was browsing forums. Please tell me again what I have ignored so that I can try harder to not offend you.
B. W.
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes

Re: re:

Post by B. W. »

Ark~Magic wrote:LOL!!!!!!
Jbuza wrote:I know I'm rude and ignorant my friend. Bless you, but can you show me how I have twisted the context, I simply quoted scripture that seems to indicate things about Jesus return. What claims, Sir, did I make that were in error. I know that you will be kind and let me know where I have been in error.

Please accept my apologies, I'm sure I didn't intend to call anyone ignorant, or ignore anyone. I simply responded to comments while I was browsing forums. Please tell me again what I have ignored so that I can try harder to not offend you.
This thread truly shows what I meant on the Preterist thread and therefore. I'll copy from it, there, to Here:
Religious Fanatic wrote:B.W., you keep ignoring people's responses and answers and I think you're being close minded. We've already talked about this and in several other threads.
There are many ways in which to answer questions. How can one answer if they do not first explain their position on theme under discussion? I left preterism many years ago. Another other reason I left was how many preterist hold with disdain and contempt their fellow believers in Christ. This attitude serves to alienate them from the body of Christ because other Christians do not adhere to preterist doctrine. If one does not hold preterist views, they are mocked, scorned, and held with contempt. Not all preterist do this but there are some who do. I hope none on this forum do this.

If one holds fellow believers in such contempt, then the love of Christ is being mocked. Therefore, all end time prophecy isms are non-essential doctrines and Christians can hold differing views on end time prophecy due to the nature of bible prophecy being written in the manner of enigmas and mystery. The problem arises when believers of any end time prophetic isms begin to beat and berate their fellow Christians for not believing as they do, then sin resides at the door. There is more truth to Luke 12:45 then we like to realize.

I Corinthians 12:12-27 tells us about the Christian church and that we should have the same care for each other. It is a shame when end time prophecy causes such blight on our common purpose and goal in Christ.

This is how I'll answer all my Preterist friends; you are part of the body of Christ along with those that do not hold your views. It does not matter; the future will unfold how God wills it. There is a future and none knows what tomorrow will bring. When the final end-time comes — whoever is right and whoever is wrong will be clearly manifest. Therefore, this is a non-essential point and should not be used to divide us from each other any longer.

I John 4:20-21 “If any one says, "I love God," and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen, cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him, that he who loves God should love his brother also.” RSV

That is my answer as it is pointless to ramble over what end time prophecy isms is the best, perfect, most tried and true. It would be best if both sides could just post his or her views and then let the reader decide on his or her own.
-
-
-
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

2 Timothy

This saying18 is trustworthy:19

If we died with him, we will also live with him.

2:12 If we endure, we will also reign with him.20

If we deny21 him,22 he will also deny us.

2:13 If we are unfaithful, he remains faithful, since he cannot deny himself.23

Dealing with False Teachers

2:14 Remind people24 of these things and solemnly charge them25 before the Lord26 not to wrangle over words. This is of no benefit; it just brings ruin on those who listen.27 2:15 Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.28 2:16 But avoid profane chatter,29 because those occupied with it will stray further and further into ungodliness,30 2:17 and their message will spread its infection31 like gangrene. Hymenaeus and Philetus are in this group.32 2:18 They have strayed from the truth33 by saying that the resurrection has already occurred, and they are undermining some people's faith. 2:19 However, God's solid foundation remains standing, bearing this seal: “The Lord knows those who are his,”34 and “Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord35 must turn away from evil.”
Religious Fanatic
Familiar Member
Christian: No

RE:

Post by Religious Fanatic »

There are probably SOME preterists out there who are ass-holes but I wouldn't say there are as many as the futurists who use propaganda and scare tactics to convert people into their false doctrine.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

They have strayed from the truth33 by saying that the resurrection has already occurred, and they are undermining some people's faith.

I know this is perhaps befoire you say the resurrection happened, but heir were people falsely saying this a very short time after Jesus went up to heaven