Time Upside Down

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

Hey bucko, Your the one making up things about evolution with no evidence that it actually occoured.
As you learned earlier, that is false. You've seen a great deal of evidence.
But if you want you can make more abstract claims about eovlutionary constructs without evidence if you think it would discredit me.
I'm not trying to discredit you. I'm pointing out that adding the false doctrine of creationism to Christianity makes it harder to win people to Him.

That's not new, of course. As you see, Augustine was complaining about the same carelessness in baby Christians nearly 2000 years ago.

Please do not add your own doctrines to Christianity.
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

From his book
is, of course, always some risk involved in accepting data reported in newspapers and journals.

HE explicitly more than this one occasion warned the reader that many of these are unsubstantiatied.
I guess it was only fair of him to warn his readers that his information might be dishonest or misleading.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

I can only hope that you will think carefully about what you and I said here, and profit from it.

May God bless you and keep you.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

I would like to "add" this doctrine to christianity, and point out that it doesn't say anywhere that kind shall vary and bring forth numerous other kinds.
It doesn't say that carbon atoms have hybridized SP orbitals either. There are many things that are true, that are not in Scripture. Note, however, that scripture does not rule out any of those things.
Such teaching is not consistent with this passage from the word of God and other passages from his Word.
As most Christians acknowledge, there is nothing in scripture that is inconsistent with evolution.
IT is clear that God said he created, so I just want to warn people that if someone comes along and tells you creation is a false addition to christianity, that they are not speaking the truth, and everyone should be suspect of anything they say.
That's true. Creation is a fact. Creationism is the false doctrine. All Christians acknowledge that He created all things. The only difference is that you don't approve of the way He did it.

It is, of course, absurd to suppose that the minority can tell the majority of Christians what is "heretickal."
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

As most Christians acknowledge, there is nothing in scripture that is inconsistent with evolution.
Bizzt and August have both told you this is in fact not true. So stop lying.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

Yehren observes:
Bizzt and August have both told you this is in fact not true. So stop lying.
But it is very true. If you doubt that the Catholic Church says that evolution is consistent with Christian faith, or that Catholics alone are a majority of Christians, I could show you some evidence for that.

Would you like me to do that?
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

What is that noise?
His creation proceding, I suppose. :wink:
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

If I can't get through to you with the statement "you are lying"...this is bad
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

Well, let's see if we can make this easier...

There are now about 1.1 billion Roman Catholics, slightly more than half of all Christians.
http://www.adherents.com/adh_rb.html

The Catholic Church's position on evolution:
Concerning biological evolution, the Church does not have an official position on whether various life forms developed over the course of time. However, it says that, if they did develop, then they did so under the impetus and guidance of God, and their ultimate creation must be ascribed to him.

Concerning human evolution, the Church has a more definite teaching. It allows for the possibility that man's body developed from previous biological forms, under God's guidance, but it insists on the special creation of his soul.

http://www.catholic.com/library/Adam_Ev ... lution.asp

Notice that the next two largest denominations, are Eastern Orthodox and Anglican. They also acknowledge that evolution is consistent with our faith.

You've been misled, if you think this is untrue. It's very true.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

You can ignore the evidence, but it remains. As I said, most Christians acknowledge that evolution is consistent with our faith.

You see it. You can check on it, if you choose.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opiinions, but no one is entitled to his own facts."

Find a way to accept it.