Why is Evolution such a bad theory?

Discussions on creation beliefs within Christianity, and topics related to creation.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Jbuza wrote:cool I guess you see what you are familiar with "henry".

I just thought it a strange word choice, that's all.
Wouldn't it be Henrey?
or Heenry?
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

Are those spellings used? I assumed that the extra E was an initial. Yes, Bgood I didn't think of that spelling, but it is used also.
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

It is Chinese for "Barbarian." Or "wild man."
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

Yehren wrote:It is Chinese for "Barbarian." Or "wild man."
Lol, how ironic.

Just pulling your leg, it's a cool name, I was wondering about the origin myself. Does it not have something to do with Chinese yeti-like mythology?
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

Yehren wrote:Yep, polyploidy does produce new species. The new species is completely unable to reproduce with the old, which is the definition of species.

Polyploidy is interesting, because it's sudden, and produces species quickly enough that humans can see it happen.
Then by definition, you have a completely different species of elephant in every single zoo in America, because due to their captivity, the elephants cannot reproduce with the any elephants outside the zoo. My goodness, I think you know you're running with this definition of species way too far.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Yehren
Established Member

Post by Yehren »

Then by definition, you have a completely different species of elephant in every single zoo in America, because due to their captivity, the elephants cannot reproduce with the any elephants outside the zoo.
They can't reproduce with any in the next cage, either. I think you understand the difference.
My goodness, I think you know you're running with this definition of species way too far.
This is the definition used by scientists and by most creationists. You should know that it's O.K. to admit that new species evolve. Most creationists know this, and aren't shook by it.

Many of the "scientific creationists" admit the evolution of even higher taxa, as I've documented before.