48 hours Mystery of Christmas

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

48 hours Mystery of Christmas

Post by Jbuza »

Did anyone see this?

The highly educated people that 48 hours interviewed didn't accept the Virgin Birth, But thought Matthew and Luke made it up to compete with stories that Ceasar was the son of a Greek god.

I found it interesting that the place in Eygypt where Jesus and his guardians feld to was reported to be the largest concentration fo Jews outside Israel.

Any thoughts?
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

And what were their "arguments" for the virgin birth being made up?
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

Well, I didn't pay real close attention because I wasn't accepting it only tolerating it. As I recall they claimed that Matthew and Luke were written later than John and Mark, and Since John and MArk don't include those accounts, they said Matthew and Luke added the Virgin Birth. They said that Matthew was probably reading Isaiah and saw the prophecy there so included it in his "story".

Also as I said before they said Matthew and Luke were trying to compete with the Monarchs that claimed to be beget by a god.

The rebuttal was by an evangelical minister, and he did a pretty good job of refutting what the
"learned" men said.

I enjoyed the show, but could have missed the first 15 minutes and been happy. Their is a cathedral in Egypt that claims to be the place where the faimly stayed when they fled HErod. Also another outfit offers tours of the spots where they stopped on the journey.