Isn't this forum getting a bit old?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Religious Fanatic
Familiar Member
Christian: No

Isn't this forum getting a bit old?

Post by Religious Fanatic »

Who ISN'T disillusioned by the unchrist-like attitudes of both the members and even the arrogance of the moderators themselves. Not to mention totally [love] and brainwashed.
Just read the debate threads on this forum. All of them take too much pride in themselves and act like children.
The little kids who come here as well usually find a bandwagon they can fit into and mindlessly follow or agree with someone's beliefs they like without ever questioning things because it makes them feel empowered.

In addition, I am tired of every subject being the same re-occuring debate over:
* An Atheist
* Atheists
* Evolutionists
* Evolutionism
* Evolution
* Microevolution
* Macroevolution
* Atheistic Evolution
* Atheists in the Media
* The Media Promoting Atheism
* Atheists Teaching/Promoting Evolution
* Evolution vs. Creation
* Creation vs. Evolution
* Creationism
* Intelligent Design
* Intelligent Design vs. Evolution
* Evolution vs. Intelligent Design
* Darwinism
* Darwinists
* Darwin
* Doctrine Nazis
* How to properly intepret scripture according to me
* Christian Propaganda
* Etc., etc.

Give up for [love]'s sake, you are NOT going to change anybody's mind, all they do is boast about their position and repeat the same argument over and over.

(P.S. EDIT: I'll stay for a little longer since you asked...)
Last edited by Religious Fanatic on Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Re: Leaving? Why of course!

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Religious Fanatic wrote:Give up for [love]'s sake, you are NOT going to change anybody's mind, all they do is boast about their position and repeat the same argument over and over.

I'm dying just to be able to forget about this [poop]-bag of a forum. The ones I've met who I've liked (which is precious few), I'll keep in touch with you.
It's sad to see you leave.
=(

Good luck to you.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

God Bless you in your Endeavours
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Unchrist-like attitudes of both the members and even the moderators themselves.
Maybe the members but not the moderators...
At least as far as I can tell.

Especially not bzzzt.
=)
:D
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
numeral2_5
Established Member

Re: Leaving? Why of course!

Post by numeral2_5 »

Religious Fanatic wrote:I'm leaving this forum.
I disagree.
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion."
-Abe Lincoln
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

I don't post here that often, but I do read quite a few of the threads and have learnt a lot regarding the arguments both sides on the topics that you have listed. That is what I would expect from a forum with the title God and Science.

There is always some silly stuff posted as people come here with a variety of attitudes, some to have fun and tease in their own way, others to respond in their own way. I know of no forum which is likely to suit everyone - there is no "one size fits all" because we are all individuals with different needs and ways of expressing them.

The important thing is to learn what you set out to learn where it exists, enjoy doing so, and be discerning about all of it. Do you not find it possible to ignore the stuff that does not appeal to you? Does so little appeal to you that you must make such an announcement that involves censure for others who were simply enjoying the contact they were having among themselves? Why not simply read what appeals, maybe post less often, and spend time doing other things you prefer doing without making a deal of it?

You talk about love, but what love do you have for God's people when you can refer to the church as God's brothel?
Up until now I have simply ignored that about you, but drawing attention to yourself with this thread has highlighted the inconsistency in your actions here. All the same, that is your choice of self expression and while it may not be pleasant for others to see it, most will have been forgiving enough of you to let it slip by.

Proverbs 27:5,6

I would hope that you reconsider and stay around regardless. Contribute in the way that you would like this forum to be working, and maybe others of us will also benefit from your doing so.
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

Well, I note that since my post just above, and just before this one, that you have edited your original post to add that you will stay, changed the original text, and changed the title of the thread as well from "Leaving? Why of course!" to "Isn't this forum getting a bit old?"

Now for a challenge... let's see if you can match the expectations that you have here of others. :wink:
Religious Fanatic:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who ISN'T disillusioned by the unchrist-like attitudes of both the members and even the arrogance of the moderators themselves. Not to mention totally [love] and brainwashed.
Just read the debate threads on this forum. All of them take too much pride in themselves and act like children.
The little kids who come here as well usually find a bandwagon they can fit into and mindlessly follow or agree with someone's beliefs they like without ever questioning things because it makes them feel empowered.

I have seen some good posts from you. Please keep it up. 8)
Gilchrist
Newbie Member

Re: Isn't this forum getting a bit old?

Post by Gilchrist »

As Barry McGuire used to say, "At least we Christians choose who we want to wash our brains." :wink:
Grace isn't enough...
Familiar Member

Post by Grace isn't enough... »

Yeah i guess it was kinda easy for me to just get caught up in defending a position but i suppose you're right i agree no one will ever agree with anyone about any....welp, so goes that theory. :wink:
I found that by being an annoying person you're less annoyed by people.