"Scientific proof of God"

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Jay_7
Established Member

"Scientific proof of God"

Post by Jay_7 »

http://proof-of-god.freewebsitehosting.com/

thoughts on this? theres about 5 pages of reading
jabez
Acquainted Member
Christian: No

Scientific proof of God

Post by jabez »

Hello there Jay!

It's very late here (1 am) so I'll write more tomorrow :) . But can I suggest that you look at the Christian Science website --- spirituality.com --- to judge for yourself how accurate are Hammond's attempts to link his research to Mary Baker Eddy's Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures.

For myself, as a student of Science and Health, I can't find any points of contact between the pages on the website (I am not equipped to judge their scientific accuracy or validity) and the Christian Science which teaches that God is Spirit, Love; that He is Father of His perfect creation, spiritual man; and that He heals us through Christ's presence... more anon :D

jabez

[/i]
Mastriani
Recognized Member
Location: In the midst of the primordial redneck, uncultured abyss

Interesting, but uncertain

Post by Mastriani »

I am not a physicist, nor a mathematician, nor any type of psych_(add suffix).

It is thought provoking, but I am not sure that there is enough methodology to qualify this as a scientific find/empiricism. Although it does lend great credence to the ancient story of Nimrod and the Tower of Babel, and current accepted knowledge regarding ancient and modern gravitational shifts with respect to Earth axis decay, ozone decay and oxygen depletion.

Personally, my opinion is that this would take years of research in a myriad of disciplines, to qualify. But, on a most positive note, it has opened up a very interesting and valuable line of possible reasoning points, if others on the forum have the necessary acumen.
jabez
Acquainted Member

Scientific proof of God

Post by jabez »

Well, my promise of getting back to you "tomorrow" didn't allow for New Year and guests --- many apologies :( All clear now! :)

I've looked at that website again, and what I wrote before still applies...

As the author of that site mentions Christian Science and Mary Baker Eddy's book explaining it, Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures,(the textbook of Christian Science), I visited the Christian Science website

http://www.spirituality.com

and found in the healings detailed by contributors to the site ample proof that God exists and that He is present and operates in our everyday lives. I'll give the URL of just one, which was outstanding to me for its reasoned approach and the healing outcome:

http://www.spirituality.com/sr/site_art ... 274843.xml

(if that's too long, just enter "Kiatezua Luyaluka" in the home page search box. :) .... and if you enter "Laurance Doyle", there are some contributions by this astrophysicist that really resonate...

My own experience is that when I turn whole-heartedly to God and reason from the basis of His all-power, all-presence and all-knowing, then whatever has been amiss is corrected... One time I was able to let go of blame which I had harboured for many years by praying in just this way. The hateful thoughts were erased by a power that wasn't mine! And all that was left was a feeling of great love for that individual... it was a real proof that there is a power higher, greater and embracing me and everyone --- which I know as God.

But... surely there will be members of this forum who have found for themselves the proof that God IS. And this thread provides a great opportunity to share those proofs and praise God :D

In anticipation.........

jabez