A thought on the Flood

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Mystical
Valued Member

A thought on the Flood

Post by Mystical »

Just a thought: The flood didn't happen over the entire world. It only happened where there were people (its purpose was to destroy mankind, afterall).
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

But the nthat means dinosaurs would still be living and there'd be no need for animals to get on the boat, but i think it covered the whole world, then went down again

anatartica and the north pole could have melted and then froze back up again
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

I've read stuff about dinosaurs being around at the same time as people. I think it's possible. Only the animals that shared those areas with people would have had to get on the ark.
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

Mystical wrote:I've read stuff about dinosaurs being around at the same time as people. I think it's possible. Only the animals that shared those areas with people would have had to get on the ark.
I know that they were, but i still believe my theory
ray
Recognized Member

flood

Post by ray »

GEn 6:17 - And, behold, I, even I, do bring a flood of waters upon the earth, to destroy all flesh, wherein is the breath of life, from under heaven; and every thing that is in the earth shall die
The Hebrew word for earth here is most commonly understood to mean the entire earth, not just part of it. The verse also says that 'every thing' will die, not just people. By this the flood had to be worldwide, no just local.

Ray
Brigham
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by Brigham »

But if it covered the entire world how did the ark fit the 5 billion or so species we see?
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

Brigham wrote:But if it covered the entire world how did the ark fit the 5 billion or so species we see?
It was 2 of every animal
Brigham
Recognized Member

Post by Brigham »

I read somewhere that there are 5 billion species. even if there are 50,000 species, thats 100k animals on that ark. Which makes me think it was local, but if it was, what about dinosaurs?
thereal
Established Member

Post by thereal »

The issue also begs the question of why aquatic dinosaurs became extinct as well...
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

Brigham wrote:I read somewhere that there are 5 billion species. even if there are 50,000 species, thats 100k animals on that ark. Which makes me think it was local, but if it was, what about dinosaurs?
I read somewhere how the animals all could fit, ill try find the article

Btw that doesnt mean it was local, he only got the animals local to him, he couldnt go over the planet rescuing. And not all dinosaurs were huge, plus that could explain why most were extinct.
Mystical
Valued Member

Post by Mystical »

I read somewhere that the Ice Age was caused by the Flood. The change in temperature would explain how most of the aquatic dinosaurs died out. But, I think many could still be alive today. We just haven't seen them.
As kids we were all told in kindergarten that when a frog becomes a prince, that is a fairy tale. But when I was in high school and college, they told us that when a frog becomes a prince, that is science! --Mark Cahill (One Heartbeat Away)
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

Mystical wrote:I read somewhere that the Ice Age was caused by the Flood. The change in temperature would explain how most of the aquatic dinosaurs died out. But, I think many could still be alive today. We just haven't seen them.
Yep thats a good explaination, explains how the ice age came about too.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Jay_7 wrote:
Mystical wrote:I read somewhere that the Ice Age was caused by the Flood. The change in temperature would explain how most of the aquatic dinosaurs died out. But, I think many could still be alive today. We just haven't seen them.
I'm sorry, how does this explain the ice age?
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

BGoodForGoodSake wrote:
Jay_7 wrote:
I'm sorry, how does this explain the ice age?
http://www.icr.org/index.php?module=art ... iew&ID=272
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bizzt »

thereal wrote:The issue also begs the question of why aquatic dinosaurs became extinct as well...
Not only the Floodgates of Heaven but remember the Ducts in the Earth also Opened... However just because we have not seen the monsters does not mean they are not there :D