Were dinos on the Ark?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
dad

Were dinos on the Ark?

Post by dad »

I have always assumed so, but wonder, really, if there were. I am not sure of the highest layer that a land dino fossil has been found in, but think it is pretty far down there.
I am still open to the idea, but am leaning towards dinos being pre flood now.
I think the misconception may be that people have attributed too much to the flood, in the way of layers.
Jay_7
Established Member

Re: Were dinos on the Ark?

Post by Jay_7 »

dad wrote:I have always assumed so, but wonder, really, if there were. I am not sure of the highest layer that a land dino fossil has been found in, but think it is pretty far down there.
I think the misconception may be that people have attributed too much to the flood, in the way of layers.
There have been many fossils of dinosaurs found under the ocean and squashed up against mountians, and in the bible it describes bethemoths that are supossedly dinosaurs, which fits the descriptions in the bible.
dad

Re: Were dinos on the Ark?

Post by dad »

Jay_7 wrote:
dad wrote:I have always assumed so, but wonder, really, if there were. I am not sure of the highest layer that a land dino fossil has been found in, but think it is pretty far down there.
There have been many fossils of dinosaurs found under the ocean and squashed up against mountains, and in the bible it describes bethemoths that are supposedly dinosaurs, which fits the descriptions in the bible.
Of course there were dinos in Job. But they don't really know the dates on that book, or who wrote it, if memory serves. I have even heard some suggest that it was a pre flood book. Another point for the dinos there, At least one was a sea creature it seems.."31 He maketh the deep to boil like a pot: he maketh the sea like a pot of ointment.." Job 41. The other one is a land creature, but I think it may be a mammoth? If so, some hyper adapting after the flood of elephants would account for that! So we don't even need the book to be pre flood!
As for dino remains underwater, etc, pre flood fossils could be transported here and there in the violence of the flood, and possibly continental movements and uplifts. Remember, that sea dinos may still be here after the flood anyhow, in some cases. There are reports of sightings of this sort of thing even in history, true or not.
Sea creatures were not taken on the ark!