Beneficial Mutations

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
numeral2_5
Established Member
Christian: No

Beneficial Mutations

Post by numeral2_5 »

Are there beneficial mutations?, I think so but my friend doesn't, I'd like to see hear examples if there are any.

I think melanism in leopards is but my friend denies it.
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion."
-Abe Lincoln
August
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

There are some beneficial mutations:

http://www.gate.net/~rwms/EvoHumBenMutations.html

It depends of course what we consider to be beneficial, but if it is to increase chances of survival, as generally accepted, these would apply.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
numeral2_5
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by numeral2_5 »

Awesome, thanks.
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion."
-Abe Lincoln
AttentionKMartShoppers
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Post by AttentionKMartShoppers »

I'm also told schizophrenics don't suffer from allergies, but we don't remember where we heard that from.
"My actions prove that God takes care of idiots."

He occasionally stumbled over the truth, but hastily picked himself up and hurried on as if nothing had happened.
- On Stanley Baldwin

-Winston Churchill

An atheist can't find God for the same reason a criminal can't find a police officer.

You need to start asking out girls so that you can get used to the rejections.
-Anonymous
Cougar
Recognized Member

Post by Cougar »

People who are heterozygous for sickle-cell anemia cannot suffer from malaria. A person resistent to the bubonic plague cannot contract HIV (this is only seen in about 9% of Europeans, however).
Zenith
Established Member

Post by Zenith »

mutations are mutations. the only thing that makes them beneficial is if it helps the organism survive so that it can reproduce and the gene can be passed on. a mutation in an organism could be beneficial in one environment and detrimental in another.