Temptation

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Jay_7
Established Member

Temptation

Post by Jay_7 »

What if satan and his demons didnt turn bad? What would have God done too tempt us to sin?
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

James 1:12 Happy is the one who endures testing, because when he has proven to be genuine, he will receive the crown of life that God promised to those who love him. 1:13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God,” for God cannot be tempted by evil, and he himself tempts no one. 1:14 But each one is tempted when he is lured and enticed by his own desires. 1:15 Then when desire conceives, it gives birth to sin, and when sin is full grown, it gives birth to death. 1:16 Do not be led astray, my dear brothers and sisters.
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

thanks. So if the satan and all didn't fall from heaven, would there be less temptation? or the same?
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

Jay_7 wrote:thanks. So if the satan and all didn't fall from heaven, would there be less temptation? or the same?
Don't know about that too much. I suppose that if man hadn't eaten of the tree, then he couldn't have been tempted to sin, because he wouldn't have known if something was good or bad except if God told him. The Bible does say that satan is the father of lies.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Who tempted Satan to sin?

Answer: no one. He tempted himself. In the same way, man tempts himself. In the passage JB quoted, you see that man is tempted by his desires. Satan may accelerate or accentuate that process, but it does not originate in him.

To answer your specific question, I don't know what would have happened if Satan had not fallen, but I don't suspect things would have been too much different . . .
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

Jac3510 wrote:Who tempted Satan to sin?

Answer: no one. He tempted himself. In the same way, man tempts himself. In the passage JB quoted, you see that man is tempted by his desires. Satan may accelerate or accentuate that process, but it does not originate in him.

To answer your specific question, I don't know what would have happened if Satan had not fallen, but I don't suspect things would have been too much different . . .
Ok then. Another thing, howcome angels got too be created in heaven and have choice to sin there? Howcome humans have to go threw earth? Why cant we be like the angels?
Brigham
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by Brigham »

Im glad 2 be on earth. Seeing as angels have
seen" God, when they turn on him there no turning back, its byebye after one mistake. we however make countless mistakes but are forgiven in through Jesus.

God bless.

-Brigham
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Brigham wrote:Im glad 2 be on earth. Seeing as angels have
seen" God, when they turn on him there no turning back, its byebye after one mistake. we however make countless mistakes but are forgiven in through Jesus.

God bless.

-Brigham
QFT
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

QFT?
Judah
Advanced Senior Member
Sex: Female

Post by Judah »

Quoted For Truth

A previous post is quoted in the current post so that, should the original poster go back and edit it, the record still stands regarding what was posted originally.
May also be used by someone wishing to convey their agreement with what has been said.