Rewards

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Jay_7
Established Member

Rewards

Post by Jay_7 »

My friend thinks you get rewarded in heaven for the amount of good works you do, i dont see why this is true. He also thinks you wouldnt meet everyone, is there anyway i can tell him this wouldnt be the case? I dont see how people would be rewarded more then others.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Re: Rewards

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Jay_7 wrote:My friend thinks you get rewarded in heaven for the amount of good works you do, i dont see why this is true. He also thinks you wouldnt meet everyone, is there anyway i can tell him this wouldnt be the case? I dont see how people would be rewarded more then others.
"... and each one will receive His own reward ACCORDING TO HIS OWN LABOR." ( 1 Corinthians 3:8 )

"I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you ACCORDING TO YOUR WORKS." ( Revelations 2:23 )

"... and behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to give to everyone ACCORDING TO HIS WORK." ( Revelations 22:12 )
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jay_7
Established Member

Post by Jay_7 »

Oh, cool. But will we still get to meet people? will their be levels and all that?
Brigham
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Post by Brigham »

Its like this. We are saved by Grace, God died on the cross 4 us. We arent SAVED by works, however we are REWARDED for works as you see. I dont think there are levels of heaven, that maybe some of your friends will be in one you cant go. "We all fall short", so ya some will have more rewards, but i think you could talk to whoever you want and hear their stories, or spend some time with loved ones that youve missed if you wanted. I also dont think its like a dream world like i used to. In fact you'll feel more alive then you do now. God bless.

-Brigham
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

Question was handled perfectly, imo, by both replies. I was just posting to recommend reading The Weight of Glory by C. S. Lewis. He goes into detail in what exactly those "Rewards" might be. Great stuff. I'd also highly encourage you to check out the writings of Bob Wilkin on Zane Hodges on the subject.

God bless
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Apart from a white stone with a special name, a dwelling (house), crowns, white robes and such the Bible clearly states -

1Co 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither, have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

It goes on to talk about 'them' being revealed to us by the Spirit, of which are the things of God, which I take to be revelation of all manner, which to me, is quite an exciting prospect.

Imagine being continually bombarded with "the things of God" full of wonder and amazment, can't wait :)