Having trouble believing

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Cobra
Familiar Member

Post by Cobra »

Hmmm, I think Darwin was reincarnated. :lol:

Believing in evolution and believing in an older earth are two seperate things.
I have researched Yom. The context where one finds it in relation to the Word leaves no doubt in a Rabbis mind that it refers to a literal day. That is one morning and one evening.
So why aren't you Jewish then if you believe the Rabbis hook, line and sinker? Try this place. And it's not the kids section either. http://www.answersincreation.org/word_study_yom.htm
Still not up on the math yet eh?

You said that if each day was 1000 years, that would make 6000 years, plus the 6000 you already recognize. For got to carry the one again?
yup! 5730 years!
We have proven that carbon has split many times, but according to you it has only had time to split once. Hmmmmm. At least don't drink the kool aid. Trust me that much. :lol:
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Ok cobra, keep sleeping....eyes wide shut.

Edit:
So why aren't you Jewish then if you believe the Rabbis hook, line and sinker?
I almost wish I was then you could call me a liar to my face. :roll:
Last edited by IRQ Conflict on Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
SUGAAAAA
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by SUGAAAAA »

about the 1000 years like a day to God thing... I think what the passage is saying is that any amount of years to us humans (be it a million, a billion, not necessarily 1000) is still like a day in God's eyes. He is not confined in this time, he exists outside, he is timeless...
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

The context is about the comming of Christ. "The Day of The Lord". It's really that simple.

SUGAAAAA, you are correct in your assumption. The Word talks about times irrelevance to God on more than one occasion.

2Pe 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
2Pe 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
2Pe 3:6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished.
2Pe 3:7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
meforevidence
Recognized Member

listen to a former skeptic

Post by meforevidence »

I used to be a skeptic too and understand you completely. Please look at my site and see if it helps. I study ancient history and archeology and find it does truly support the Bible.
see: http://biblehistoryevi.freeforumsite.co ... historyevi