Debating an Atheist

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
meforevidence
Recognized Member

Debating an Atheist

Post by meforevidence »

Hello, My name is Billy Kitchens. I study Apologetics and Ancient History. I used to be a skeptic but when I started studying Ancient History and Archeology, I found it brings the Bible to life. I also study the ancient texts of the Bible which in some ways, are different than our modern texts and the older texts have far fewer "contradictions"

Please see my forum where I am debating a leading atheist from East Texas. It will answer many of the so called "Bible Contradictions" and has significant history of Jesus and the Gospels. Philosophy and Archeology are presented as well with many other links for specific articles.

God bless and I am looking forward to hearing from you and reading your articles.
Last edited by meforevidence on Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Welcome. Linky? :?
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
meforevidence
Recognized Member

Faith = Ignroence in some cases

Post by meforevidence »

If man did not need evidence, there would be no need for an empty tomb. Some people try to make "ignorance" synonomous with "faith" and believe that makes it OK not to be able to give a ready answer. Those kind of people will not be able to help those skeptics who may actually be seeking the truth and asking valid questions about God, the Bible, and Christianity.

1Pe 3:15 but sanctify in your hearts Christ as Lord: being ready always to give answer to every man that asketh you a reason concerning the hope that is in you, yet with meekness and fear:
SUGAAAAA
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by SUGAAAAA »

I saw your site from another thread you posted in, Im gonna bookmark it. It seems that you've put alot of work into defending the faith, thanks for that. I will be reading most, if not all, the threads at your site.

:wink:
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
IRQ Conflict
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Faith = Ignroence in some cases

Post by IRQ Conflict »

meforevidence wrote:If man did not need evidence, there would be no need for an empty tomb. Some people try to make "ignorance" synonomous with "faith" and believe that makes it OK not to be able to give a ready answer. Those kind of people will not be able to help those skeptics who may actually be seeking the truth and asking valid questions about God, the Bible, and Christianity.

1Pe 3:15 but sanctify in your hearts Christ as Lord: being ready always to give answer to every man that asketh you a reason concerning the hope that is in you, yet with meekness and fear:
Psa 73:22 So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before thee.
Psa 73:23 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand.
Psa 73:24 Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain