3 Year WMAP Results

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

3 Year WMAP Results

Post by Kurieuo »

Just thought the three year results of WMAP data may be appreciated by some (see http://map.gsfc.nasa.gov/m_mm.html). I love the time line that was produced, which I modified below to include what I consider to be the obvious as a Christian ;)
Attachments
Time Line of the Universe
Time Line of the Universe
CMB_Timeline_modified.jpg (88.71 KiB) Viewed 1941 times
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)
bluesman
Established Member
Christian: No

Genesis

Post by bluesman »

1:1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 1:2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

1:3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 1:4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Let there be light and there was light !!!!!!!!

Mike
angel
Established Member

Post by angel »

Actually according to the picture posted the Earth came about 10 billion years later than light.

And it took about 400000 years to do it. :) :)
IRQ Conflict
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by IRQ Conflict »

:D

Image 8)
Hellfire

1Ti 6:20 O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:
1Ti 6:21 Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen.

"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain
Blacknad
Recognized Member

Post by Blacknad »

IRQ - Excellent.

Glass darkly - LOL, but how true.

Regards,

Blacknad.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

angel wrote:Actually according to the picture posted the Earth came about 10 billion years later than light.

And it took about 400000 years to do it. :) :)
Actually the phrase ha'shamayim we ha'erets, translated "heavens and earth" is said to consistently refer to the totality of the universe. For example, and I quote from AiG to boost my words amongst the YEC faction here, "Hebrew scholars, both conservative and otherwise, recognize that Genesis 1:1 ('In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth') means that God created the universe, or everything.9 Hebrew has no word for 'universe', or the totality of everything. To represent this, Hebrew uses the extremes of the whole, the heavens (out there) and the earth (right here) to represent the whole."

So in Genesis 1:1 we read all the materials of the universe (i.e., matter, energy and whatever else it contains) were created. Then continuing onto verse 2 we are given a reference point—Earth which is formless and empty—so we can assume everything prior to Earth being formless and empty had happened and was included in the ha'shamayim we ha'erets of verse 1. ;)

Kurieuo
"Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." (Romans 10:13)