A case for a creator

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
led
Recognized Member
Christian: No

A case for a creator

Post by led »

Has anyone read his book or know who he is?

seems like he knows what he's talking about.

This is his site...
http://www.caseforacreator.com
"To escape the error of salvation by works we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience.” //klinkenberg.tripod.com/lifeinkorea
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

I tread lightly when I say this, considering all the different nuances of theology that floats around here :), but from all I have heard Lee Strobel is pretty solid in his biblical research.

Here is a little bio from Wikipedia:
Strobel earned a journalism degree from the University of Missouri and a Master of Studies in Law degree from Yale Law School. A journalist for fourteen years, he was awarded Illinois' highest honors from United Press International for both investigative reporting (shared with a team he led at the Chicago Tribune) and for public service journalism.

It was during his years as a journalist that Strobel was an avowed atheist. That period of his life ended in 1981 with his conversion to Christianity, which was influenced by his wife's conversion two years earlier and Strobel's subsequent personal investigation into the historical, scientific, and philosophical evidence for Christianity, which is the subject of many of his books.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

I like Strobel and his books. It is an excellent introduction to evidential apologetics, easy to read and understand. I recommend it often.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: A case for a creator

Post by Canuckster1127 »

led wrote:Has anyone read his book or know who he is?

seems like he knows what he's talking about.

This is his site...
http://www.caseforacreator.com
I concur with others. Lee is a well respected and worthy source to consult in the area of evidentiary apologetics.

I took a quick look at his web site. It appears to be an organized effort to assist the intelligent design movement. Sadly, it doesn't appear to have much activity.
aa118816
Recognized Member

Post by aa118816 »

Very good introductory book.
Dan
LowlyOne
Established Member

Post by LowlyOne »

In my opinion, his books should be considered "introductory". I don't think they should be considered Christianity's "greatest" and "best" material for The Faith, yet they are incredibly good and worth reading.