Arguments AGAINST day age theory...

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
sandy_mcd
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by sandy_mcd »

Thanks for the explanation. I agree with most of your points.
It is just that I think that bringing up days before the sun existed doesn't add much to your other, better arguments. It gives people something to argue against at the expense of addressing your other points. I merely get the wrong impression when I read it as your leadoff comment. Of course, since I think theistic evolution is an even better explanation, my impression is pretty much irrelevant. Perhaps it does carry more weight with YEC's.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

sandy_mcd wrote:Thanks for the explanation. I agree with most of your points.
It is just that I think that bringing up days before the sun existed doesn't add much to your other, better arguments. It gives people something to argue against at the expense of addressing your other points. I merely get the wrong impression when I read it as your leadoff comment. Of course, since I think theistic evolution is an even better explanation, my impression is pretty much irrelevant. Perhaps it does carry more weight with YEC's.
Thanks Sandy. That is very helpful feedback.