Seeking God

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
SUGAAAAA
Established Member
Christian: No

Seeking God

Post by SUGAAAAA »

But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul. (Deuteronomy 4:29)

I've been meaning to ask.... What was meant when he said 'find'? Will God reveal himself to you, or will it be through other means? or does it mean something else entirely? Im still in the process of searching for God, I believe he exists, but there is still plenty of doubt in my mind (pretty much, im not 100% certain he exists). Does God ever assure believers that he exists? verses like these is what keeps me from losing my faith... The day I find God will be a great day, surely.
lissy
Acquainted Member

Post by lissy »

about the question of god's existence, i think sometimes people just need to look at the simple, logical facts that we know. order cannot come from chaos without an outside intelligent being putting it together. if i jumbled around a bunch of metal pieces in a bag for even eons of time, it is illogical to say that it can form into a working watch. we also know that life has to come from life. the universe is [i]astronomically[/i] more complex than a simple watch, based on this reasoning, it only makes sense to reason that an intelligent being created it. it could not have existed forever, the laws of thermodynamics proves that. as for finding god, god knows everyone's heart. if you are truely seeking god, when you are ready, god will speak to you and call you into a relationship with him. i hope you will find the answers that will cast aside any of your doubts.
andy
Acquainted Member

Post by andy »

for yr question of "Whether God really exist"

hmm..i come across many people who ask this question......
In my point of view, i think and i know the a true God tat exist bcos by seeing this beautiful universe, every single morning u wake up and see the beautiful clouds, grass and more..from all this things can tell tat there a God..cos things don juz pop up from nowhere and 100% not even by evolution..cos evolution don make any sense at all.... as for whether will God himself reveal to u..?? then its a more personal question... but don get the wrong idea tat God reveal himself means he will enter yr dream and speak to u or something...cos the Bible clearly state tat all miracles, God reveal personally to Man have a stop cos the Bible is Completed....so don get the wrong idea... The way now God reveals to Man is by reading the Bible every single day and pray to Him every single day cos by reading the Bible, God can use his Holy Spirit in you to understand his words and teaching and prayers can help in yr everyday life...

so hope i help abit more in understanding God
Tim S
Acquainted Member

Re: Seeking God

Post by Tim S »

SUGAAAAA wrote:But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul. (Deuteronomy 4:29)

I've been meaning to ask.... What was meant when he said 'find'? Will God reveal himself to you, or will it be through other means? or does it mean something else entirely? Im still in the process of searching for God, I believe he exists, but there is still plenty of doubt in my mind (pretty much, im not 100% certain he exists). Does God ever assure believers that he exists? verses like these is what keeps me from losing my faith... The day I find God will be a great day, surely.
I looked at that verse in my Bible, and found that I had underlined it a few years ago. It is a very significant verse actually. Although it seems to be directed to Jews who have been scattered, I see it as applying to gentiles as well. Look at it in context with Rev. 3:20 "Behold I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me."
This is the truth that did me in. You are seeking God and He is right at your door. Trust Him and open the door. Seek with your heart, moreso than your mind. Can you imagine if you could only reach God by the power of your intellect? I wouldn't stand a chance! The good news is that God loves a humble heart and a contrite spirit. God gives you brains to serve Him, not to impress Him. Intellect is a God-given gift that is all-too-often used to oppose Him. I know I did in my atheist days.

Just my $.02
lissy
Acquainted Member

Post by lissy »

Read answers in genesis by ken hamm
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul. (Deuteronomy 4:29)

For me it came down to first believing that the bible is really the inspired word of God. Somehow I never doubted it was. After that it was a matter of whether I would believe the promises in it or call God a liar.

If you are really seeking God with an open and honest heart, I believe you will find him. It's okay to have doubts. The father of the demonic boy when asked by Jesus if he believed said "I believe...but help me with my unbelief". Jesus heard that prayer and healed the boy.

Our intellect and feelings can only take us so far. Sometimes it is that leap of faith that is the hardest. Don't give up. :)