And they call US Hypocrites?

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Fisherman
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

And they call US Hypocrites?

Post by Fisherman »

I sometimes have to hold my tongue when I hears the most vocal against Christianity say something like what I pasted below. They don't want to hear any preaching or have the Commandments posted anywhere or be reminded of their sins but will refuse to help someone and send them straight to a Church. Yes, put Christianity in the closet but send what we don't want to deal with to the Church and just say "That's what those Christians are for.".

When people approach me for help, I point to the nearest church and tell them they can go there or I will call the police for them and the police will help them find the services to meet their needs.

I give to United Way and other charities. Also, Beaumont is a county seat with all manner of special agencies to help people. The police can direct people to those facilities way better than I can.

In one case where it was a young woman, I walked her across the street to a Baptist church. I forget where it was. It was years ago. The guy at the door looked at both of us, listened to the lady's story, took her by the arm and said, "You are in the right place... it's what we do."

Yes, That's what we do. I'm glad the ladies of the church helped her instead of that guy. Call the police?!?
Ain't what I otta be, Ain’t what I wanta be, Ain't what I could be, Image

But, thank God, I Ain't what I used to be, And, Praise God, I, Ain't what I'm gonna be! :D
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Re: And they call US Hypocrites?

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

Fisherman wrote:I sometimes have to hold my tongue when I hears the most vocal against Christianity say something like what I pasted below. They don't want to hear any preaching or have the Commandments posted anywhere or be reminded of their sins but will refuse to help someone and send them straight to a Church. Yes, put Christianity in the closet but send what we don't want to deal with to the Church and just say "That's what those Christians are for.".

When people approach me for help, I point to the nearest church and tell them they can go there or I will call the police for them and the police will help them find the services to meet their needs.

I give to United Way and other charities. Also, Beaumont is a county seat with all manner of special agencies to help people. The police can direct people to those facilities way better than I can.

In one case where it was a young woman, I walked her across the street to a Baptist church. I forget where it was. It was years ago. The guy at the door looked at both of us, listened to the lady's story, took her by the arm and said, "You are in the right place... it's what we do."

Yes, That's what we do. I'm glad the ladies of the church helped her instead of that guy. Call the police?!?
This person gave no indication of being vocal against Christianity.

Was that part left out?
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

This person gave no indication of being vocal against Christianity.

Was that part left out?
Maybe he was wearing a t-shirt with a cross in the circle and a slash through it. I'm sorry. :oops:
Fisherman
Recognized Member

Post by Fisherman »

I guess I left part of the story out. I frequent other forums and this person has been with the crowd that thinks the way I described in the first post. But it's really not about one person. It's about that sort of attitude. Not wanting to have anything to do with Christianity in any form, put us in the closet but will send people to a Church for help because, "that's what Churches are for".

They have no clue but will mouth off about putting those awful Christians in their place anyway. I know the Bible says that people would have that attitude but I don't have to like it. Or do I?

But, thank God, I Ain't what I used to be, And, Praise God, I, Ain't what I'm gonna be! :D
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

I guess I left part of the story out. I frequent other forums and this person has been with the crowd that thinks the way I described in the first post. But it's really not about one person. It's about that sort of attitude. Not wanting to have anything to do with Christianity in any form, put us in the closet but will send people to a Church for help because, "that's what Churches are for".

They have no clue but will mouth off about putting those awful Christians in their place anyway. I know the Bible says that people would have that attitude but I don't have to like it. Or do I?
No you don't....on the upside they are at least sending them to churches. :)
Fisherman
Recognized Member

Post by Fisherman »

FFC wrote:

No you don't....on the upside they are at least sending them to churches. :)
Yeah, there's that. I know that the girl probably got a lot better advise and help from the Church ladies than she would have gotten from the guy who sent her to them.