trouble with judgemental nonbelievers...

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
lissy
Acquainted Member

trouble with judgemental nonbelievers...

Post by lissy »

AAUUGHH! whew... sorry, everyone, but this topic is not only where i want to post a question, but i need to vent some hurt, frustration, sadness, and even let go of a little bitterness. i recenly left another forum where my caring, and very NON-judgemental, NON "breathing down your neck" statements got me some harsh, rude answers. how do christians reach out to those in an honestly loving, encouraging way without getting my head chewed off? why are poeple so judgemental when they accuse US of being that way? i'm so tired of telling people of my faith and yet people can't seem to help but take this as an attack. how do i even mention my faith without such an angry response?
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: trouble with judgemental nonbelievers...

Post by FFC »

lissy wrote:AAUUGHH! whew... sorry, everyone, but this topic is not only where i want to post a question, but i need to vent some hurt, frustration, sadness, and even let go of a little bitterness. i recenly left another forum where my caring, and very NON-judgemental, NON "breathing down your neck" statements got me some harsh, rude answers. how do christians reach out to those in an honestly loving, encouraging way without getting my head chewed off? why are poeple so judgemental when they accuse US of being that way? i'm so tired of telling people of my faith and yet people can't seem to help but take this as an attack. how do i even mention my faith without such an angry response?
I think it is an occupational hazard so to speak, Lissy. Jesus went through it and told us we would too. It's not easy but the good part is we are promised to be blessed and rewarded when it happens.

I like the World english Bible's translation of Luke 6: 22 and 23.

22 Blessed are you when men shall hate you, and when they shall exclude and mock you, and throw out your name as evil, for the Son of Man's sake.

23 Rejoice in that day, and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven, for their fathers did the same thing to the prophets.

I hope this helps a little. :)
lissy
Acquainted Member

Post by lissy »

thank you, i needed that. :)
Oriental
Recognized Member
Christian: No

Be patient, something that we have to learn.

Post by Oriental »

Usually when non-believers press charge on me as long as they felt preached, I left them alone as far as possible; aggression is almost inevitable on either part of us because religion is really a difficult topic to discuss. Even fellow Christians are at odds often on various scriptural understanding. There are passages in Paul's epistle (I can't quote them cos I don't have the bible on hand this instant of writing) that taught us to be patient and gentle dealing with dissentients; in spite of its hardship, it is something that we have to learn, with God's grace. Prayers are always something with us, anytime, anywhere and in any circumstances.

Oriental.
FFC

Re: Be patient, something that we have to learn.

Post by FFC »

Oriental wrote:Usually when non-believers press charge on me as long as they felt preached, I left them alone as far as possible; aggression is almost inevitable on either part of us because religion is really a difficult topic to discuss. Even fellow Christians are at odds often on various scriptural understanding. There are passages in Paul's epistle (I can't quote them cos I don't have the bible on hand this instant of writing) that taught us to be patient and gentle dealing with dissentients; in spite of its hardship, it is something that we have to learn, with God's grace. Prayers are always something with us, anytime, anywhere and in any circumstances.

Oriental.
Problems are not the problem it's how we deal with the problems that is the problem. :lol:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Oriental
Recognized Member

Post by Oriental »

FFC,

Exactly. We are often tempted to correct people who are not with us. It is futile, in particular if we ignore the truth that it is by God's grace people are converted, not by our effort.

Prayers are the most effective means.

Oriental.
FFC

Post by FFC »

Oriental wrote:FFC,

Exactly. We are often tempted to correct people who are not with us. It is futile, in particular if we ignore the truth that it is by God's grace people are converted, not by our effort.

Prayers are the most effective means.

Oriental.
Praise the Lord! It's all about God and his power and Grace.
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Turgonian

Post by Turgonian »

* has a mad desire of imitating Puritan Lad and shouting 'Welcome to Geneva!' *
The Bible says they were "willingly ignorant". In the Greek, this means "be dumb on purpose". (Kent Hovind)