A few questions on Christianity

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
bluesman
Established Member
Christian: No

egg and seed

Post by bluesman »

it is doubtful that mankind will ever be able to find outside Biblical references.

I don't have the time tonight for a big reply. You are very wrong Seeker of Truth, with the above statement. There are more outside references to the OT
than I would say most in this forum even know about.

I can get into that more if you like when I get the time.

I suggest one thing is that you read some of my posts in this thread.
It seem to me you either ignore what I write, disagree with what I write, don't understand what I write because I am unclear, or ....?

I suggest you read John first, but thats really James Robinsons and others advice.

Your right read the NT first as you need to filter the OT through a good understanding of Jesus.

The Bible was written by man , by men inspired by God, men who had the holy spirit within them. Its not a letter by letter by God. Translations don't seem to have enough inspiration at times.

Women do have a seed as far as they have an egg. What the difference between fertilized "egg" of a plant which called a seed, a fruit with the "egg" inside , or an animal who eggs become fertilized to produce new life.
Now with Jesus, God the father somehow took the place of the Male part in the reproduction.

As far as Exodus goes, I would say learn and understand the 10 Commandments.

Noah's story really I believe needs a better understanding of the Hebrew.

Till Later

Michael
Bluesman
Seeker of Truth
Newbie Member

Post by Seeker of Truth »

Thank you people!

I've went through a little. After coming over the trailers of The God Who Wasn't There I believed that Jesus never existed as a historical figure, but was just a copy of Mithras, Osiris, Bacchus, Dionysus etc until I saw the responses on that.

Now I'm curious about one thing. As I've understood, Christians have a relationship with Jesus. Then how can there be ex-Christians? Brian Flemming, Dan Barker and Robert Price are just a few that come to mind. If one types "ex-christians" at Google, it gets quite a number of hits.

I meet my mother everyday. But even if I would not meet her in ten years I would not stop believe that she existed. So it utterly amazes me how people supposed to have a personal relationships with Jesus stop believing in him!
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

If your Mother said she was something and somehow in your limited ability to understand her you believed she was not then you would lose that relationship with her... Same thing resides here! Jesus claimed he was Saviour and Lord. If one had that relationship then turns away and says that it is not true then that relationship would be gone.