Ford boycott

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Ford boycott

Post by Jac3510 »

For those of you who haven't heard, Ford Motor is now backing the homosexual agenda in a very proactive way.

This link is from an AFA (American Family Association) news report, but I googled the issue and it's been brewing for a couple years now, actually. The AFA has called for a formal boycott, and - despite being a "Ford guy" myself, I'm participating. I'd encourage you to check the link below and follow up on the Action Alert link and consider signing the boycott and/or calling your local dealership.

http://headlines.agapepress.org/archive ... 62006d.asp

And, for what it is worth, here's an update I received only a few days ago from the AFA:
  • Ford's magazine sponsorship now includes promotion of repugnant activity

Dear Chris,

When Ford responds to those who write concerning their promotion of homosexual marriage, the response they get from Ford's Customer Relationship Center says their support "is a strong commitment we intend to carry forward with no exception." For Ford, that support also includes homosexual polygamy.

To show those supporting traditional marriage they mean business, Ford sponsored the June 6 issue of the homosexual publication The Advocate. The cover reads: "Polygamy & Gay Men. Dirty laundry or sexual freedom? How gay men handle multiple partners." The article promotes homosexual polygamy.

Ford sponsored the publication with a full page back cover advertising Ford Motor company product Volvo and a full page ad for all Ford brands with the line: "Ford Motor Company. Standing strong with America's families and communities."

Ford's support for the magazine's promotion of homosexual polygamy leaves no doubt that Ford means to continue pushing the homosexual agenda, even including homosexual polygamy.

To see the front cover, the contents page and the ads for Ford and Volvo, click here. I must warn you, it will be offensive to many. The pages show the contents of the magazine which Ford helped sponsor with two full-page ads, but I felt we must include the proof. If you don't want to see it, please don't click the link.

At their stockholders meeting on May 11, Ford voted 95% of the ballots cast to continue their support of the homosexual agenda rather than be neutral in the cultural battle.

The boycott is working. The value of Ford stock has gone down 13% since the boycott began, while sales continue to drop.
There ya go, for those interrested.

God bless
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
puritan lad
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by puritan lad »

Sounds Good to me.

I actually never liked Fords. Now I know why...
"To suppose that whatever God requireth of us that we have power of ourselves to do, is to make the cross and grace of Jesus Christ of none effect." - JOHN OWEN

//covenant-theology.blogspot.com
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com/
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

And I may add:

Henry Ford was a vicious anti-semite who promoted The Protocols of the Elders of Zion as proof of a world-wide Jewish conspiracy. Moreover, Henry Ford wrote The International Jew: The World's Foremost Problem.

FL
FFC
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by FFC »

This is just wrong on so many levels. I have the feeling that FORD doesn't care as much about the homosexual agenda as it does targetting and reaching the homosexual market. It all about the money. They know that homosexuality is not just a life style choice but an obsession with many of them. "so here ya go guys, now you can ride in a gay car". Ka-ching! $$$

I'm sorry, I'm tired. :oops:
SUGAAAAA
Established Member
Christian: No

Post by SUGAAAAA »

If I may ask, what will it take to end the boycott (not taking sides here, just wondering)?
Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

What would it take to end the boycott?

Time.

Life goes on, people don't care and Ford makes a nice car you just gotta have.

Excuse me now; I must go wash & wax my Mustang.

FL
Jac3510
Ultimate Member

Post by Jac3510 »

SUGAAAAA wrote:If I may ask, what will it take to end the boycott (not taking sides here, just wondering)?
Not a lot, actually. All AFA is asking Ford to do is stay neutral in the debate. They basically want them to stop supporting gay-rights organizations, which they have been doing a lot of lately. As soon as they make that deal, AFA calls off the boycott.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.
Insider
Newbie Member

Post by Insider »

Doesn't God say not to judge others and to leave the judging up to him.. if so, then forget this boycott business.
New Guy
Newbie Member

Post by New Guy »

Yeah, while I am not a gay and personally don't like seeing gay stuff everywhere I think that we should still be friendly to them and maybe they will see that Christians are okay and try to get help so forget the boycott stuff, although GM are better anyway.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Insider wrote:Doesn't God say not to judge others and to leave the judging up to him.. if so, then forget this boycott business.
God says pretty much to leave the judging of anyone's eternal destination to Him.

That does not mean we are not to show discernment in terms of the behaviors or others, the impact on society or our families, or not to show discernment in terms of what we support.

That being said we need to beware of hypocrisy.

Many quote Christ's "Judge not that ye be not judged" as if it were a call to tolerance of anything and everything, and that is a gross simplication and gorssly taken out of context. There are plenty of other verses that speak in terms of being discerning and examining the fruits of people's behaviors, including our own.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender