Astronomical Evidences for the God of the Bible

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Astronomical Evidences for the God of the Bible

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tyler_demerhcant
Recognized Member

Post by tyler_demerhcant »

excellent post.

I agree fully. How does hugh ross have anything to do with this post though?

I will call apon the earth moon system again, as I feel it is a very important piece of a puzzle used to calculate the age of the earth.

Physics show that the moon is traveling further and further away from the earth at a slower and slower speed.

The numbers invovled show that the earth would have been touching the moon at one point in order for the earth to have been as old as scientists would have us believe.

So far, no strong evidence has been provided to disprove the earth moon system.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member
Christian: No

Post by BGoodForGoodSake »

tyler_demerhcant wrote:excellent post.

I agree fully. How does hugh ross have anything to do with this post though?

I will call apon the earth moon system again, as I feel it is a very important piece of a puzzle used to calculate the age of the earth.

Physics show that the moon is traveling further and further away from the earth at a slower and slower speed.

The numbers invovled show that the earth would have been touching the moon at one point in order for the earth to have been as old as scientists would have us believe.

So far, no strong evidence has been provided to disprove the earth moon system.
How exactly does physics show this?
Perhaps you can show us the specific figures?

Perhaps you need to investigate this matter further, there are plenty of explanations which counter this proposition.
It is not length of life, but depth of life. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jbuza
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Jbuza »

gone
Last edited by Jbuza on Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tyler_demerhcant
Recognized Member

I posted it before begood, purhaps you show me some counter arguments because I have not seen any stand up to debate.

I have resources to. I dont want to go into detail again, but I will if this post sparks some more interest on it.

Perhaps we should also discuss comet life, I have yet to research it, but it seems interesting.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

tyler_demerhcant wrote:I posted it before begood, purhaps you show me some counter arguments because I have not seen any stand up to debate.

I have resources to. I dont want to go into detail again, but I will if this post sparks some more interest on it.

Perhaps we should also discuss comet life, I have yet to research it, but it seems interesting.
Comet life is interesting. Just make sure you include recent information and developments with the Kuyper Belt. ;)
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

tyler_demerhcant wrote:I posted it before begood, purhaps you show me some counter arguments because I have not seen any stand up to debate.

You mentioned that the moon is falling away from the earth at a slower and slower speed.

What is the reasoning behind this?
tyler_demerhcant
Recognized Member

I reetract my statement Bgood, I do not wish to argue the earth moon system at this point. I do not have a good enough understanding of it.

you win.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

If your intention is to study the system in more detail, then it is you who has won.
tyler_demerhcant
Recognized Member

How so? Because I am willing to reasearch the facts, or because i will realize the flaws.

I have read that the physics involved are outdated. i will have to reaearch it to include it, but I am far to busy right now and I am reasearching Radiometrics and processes involved.

Have you heard about the RATE project.

I would like to find some material that goes against the project if possible.
BGoodForGoodSake
Ultimate Member

Because your willing to research the material.

=D