Jesus is God

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.

Jesus is God

Yes
92%
No
8%

Total votes: 12

FFC
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by FFC »

Canuckster1127 wrote:http://www.godandscience.org/cults/songod.html

Jesus Christ is Jehovah (YHVH)
The Deity of Jesus Christ from the Scriptures
by Rich Deem

Characteristic of God or Jehovah followed by the same attributed to Jesus Christ

Who is omnipotent (all powerful)? 1 Chronicles 29:11, Philippians 3:20-21
Who is omniscient (all knowing)? 1 John 3:20, Colossians 2:2-3
Who is omnipresent (present everywhere)? Proverbs 15:3, 2 Corinthians 2:14
Who is Lord of Sabbath? Genesis 2:3, Matthew 12:8
Who is the great "I am?" Exodus 3:14, John 8:58
Who is the only creator? Isaiah 44:24, John 1:3
Who is the only savior? Isaiah 43:11, 45:21, Acts 4:12
Who will judge mankind? Isaiah 3:13, 14, 2 Corinthians 5:10
Who will judge between the sheep and goats? Ezekiel 34:17, Matthew 25:31-33
Who sent the prophets? Jeremiah 7:25, Matthew 23:34
Who resurrected Jesus? Acts 4:10, John 10:17-18
Who is "coming in glory?" Isaiah 40:5, Matthew 24:30
Who is our Father? Isaiah 63:16, Isaiah 9:6
Who is the "first and last?" Isaiah 44:6, Revelation 1:17
Who is Rock of salvation? 2 Samuel 22:32, 1 Corinthians 10:4
Who is Stone of stumbling? Isaiah 8:13-15, 1 Peter 2:8
"One crying in the wilderness" came to prepare a way for whom? Isaiah 40:3, Matthew 3:3
Who is eternal? Genesis 21:33, Micah 5:2
Who is the fountain of living waters? Jeremiah 17:13, John 4:10-14
Who resurrects the dead? Acts 26:8, John 6:40
Who gives rewards to man? Isaiah 40:10, Matthew 16:27
Who has all authority and power? 1 Chronicles 29:11, Matthew 28:18
Who gives power and authority to man? Psalms 68:35, Luke 9:1
Who forgives sin? 2 Chronicles 7:14, Matthew 9:6
Who sent the Holy Spirit? John 14:16, John 16:7
Who has the greatest name? Nehemiah 9:5, Philippians 2:9
Whom are we to worship? Exodus 34:14, Revelation 5:12-13
Who is the good Shepherd? Genesis 48:15, John 10:14
Who searches for the lost sheep of Israel? Ezekiel 34:11, Matthew 15:24
Who is "Lord of Lords?" Deuteronomy 10:17, Revelation 17:14
To whom shall every knee bow? Isaiah 45:22-23, Philippians 2:10
Who is the righteous branch of David? Jeremiah 23:5-6, Jeremiah 33:15
Who alone is Holy? 1 Samuel 2:2, Acts 3:14
Whose blood cleanses us? Acts 20:28, 1 John 1:7
The world was created for whom? Proverbs 16:4, Colossians 1:16
Who is above all? Nehemiah 9:6, Romans 9:5
Who is forever the same? Psalms 102:24-27, Hebrews 1:8-12
Who is our light? Psalms 27:1, John 8:12
Who is the way or path? Psalms 16:11, John 14:6
Who is in charge of the angels? Psalms 103:20, 2 Thesselonians 1:7
Who gives us rest? Exodus 33:14, Matthew 11:28
Who gives eternal life? Proverbs 19:23, John 3:36
We are the bride of whom? Isaiah 54:5, 2 Corinthians 11:2
Who tests the heart and mind? Jeremiah 17:10, Revelation 2:23

Bible Verses Stating Jesus is God

Statement Verse

Behold, the virgin shall be with child, and shall bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel, which translated means, "God with us." Matthew 1:23

And fear gripped them all, and they began glorifying God, saying, "A great prophet has arisen among us!" and, "God has visited His people!" Luke 7:16

In the beginning was the Word...and the Word was God. John 1:1

No man has seen God at any time; the only begotten God, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him. John 1:18

He [Jesus]... was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God. John 5:18

I and the Father are one. John 10:30

The Jews answered Him [Jesus], "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God." John 10:33

You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am. John 13:13

Jesus said to him, "...He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how do you say, `Show us the Father?'" John 14:9

And now, glorify Thou Me together with Thyself, Father, with the glory which I had with Thee before the world was. John 17:5

Thomas answered and said to Him [Jesus], "My Lord and my God!" John 20:28

...the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Corinthians 4:4

...Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, Philippians 2:6

...to Christ. For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form, Colossians 2:9

God was manifest in the flesh... 1 Timothy 3:16

...our Lord Jesus Christ, which He will bring about at the proper time-- He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords; 1 Timothy 6:15

God...in these last days has spoken to us in His Son...And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature... Hebrews 1:2-3

But of the Son He says, "Thy throne, O God, is forever and ever... Hebrews 1:8

...the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus; Titus 2:13

Simon Peter ... by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ: 2 Peter 1:1

And on His robe and on His thigh He [Jesus] has a name written, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." Revelation 19:16
Phew, thank you, Bart! I can't see how it could be any clearer than that that Jesus was God. Who says we don't have scripture to back up our position. Now that "blew me away". :wink:
"Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible." - Corrie Ten Boom

Act 9:6
And he trembling and astonished said, Lord, what wilt thou have me to do?
Light of Life
Acquainted Member

Post by Light of Life »

I have delt with this verse before but you, like most casually left out v. 10

"We we are his workmanship, created in Jesus Christ unto good works, which God hath ordained that we should walk in them."

And may i ask how do you think you aquire Faith. Do you think it is just believing will if you do i have already ashown you that believing and obeying are the same thing.

And let me ask you, What is the biblical definition of Grace. do you even know what it is. Because right now i could give you a book,chapter, and name in which you find the answer.

ANd save your breath, God has reveild his word to me a long time ago. I know of truths you wouldn't even dream of Such as the mystery of the Gospel, The mystery of faith, The mystery of godliness, The foundation of God, Repentance from dead works, Faith thorugh God, Baptism. Please im not trying to say im all knowing or anything, all im saying is that God has not hid his word from me. I have humbled myself to his word and i have obeyed him. because i know the Lord delights in obediace to his Word. He wouldn't let me think that we are on this earth to Live it Up. And just for Fun can i ask you. Who do you think is going to hell?
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Light of Life wrote:I like to think that every person has the capability to do eveything that Jesus did. Walk on water,

Then I suggest you go walk on water.

P.S. who's name will you be calling upon to save you when you drown? Let's hope he's no mere mortal man with no power to save. You are 16 years old and think you are wise to the world. Not that age has anything to do with it as you might very well be infinitely wiser than I. The trouble is you think you are wiser than scripture and are equating yourself with Christ, saying you can accomplish the things he accomplished. That is blasphemy my friend; you are too wise for your own good. I pray for you to see the true light of life.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Light of Life wrote:I have delt with this verse before but you, like most casually left out v. 10

"We we are his workmanship, created in Jesus Christ unto good works, which God hath ordained that we should walk in them."

And may i ask how do you think you aquire Faith. Do you think it is just believing will if you do i have already ashown you that believing and obeying are the same thing.

And let me ask you, What is the biblical definition of Grace. do you even know what it is. Because right now i could give you a book,chapter, and name in which you find the answer.

ANd save your breath, God has reveild his word to me a long time ago. I know of truths you wouldn't even dream of Such as the mystery of the Gospel, The mystery of faith, The mystery of godliness, The foundation of God, Repentance from dead works, Faith thorugh God, Baptism. Please im not trying to say im all knowing or anything, all im saying is that God has not hid his word from me. I have humbled myself to his word and i have obeyed him. because i know the Lord delights in obediace to his Word. He wouldn't let me think that we are on this earth to Live it Up. And just for Fun can i ask you. Who do you think is going to hell?
You asked for Biblical proof of Christ's divinity and humanity.

You've been given it.

You state you're just going to leave.

You keep coming back seeking to start new arguments.

You speak of humility and yet promote yourself as better knowing God's Word than anyone else here.

Let me ask you a question.

Gal 5:22-23 tells us what the Fruits of the Spirit are.
22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
What evidence is there in your posting or in your life of these fruits that anyone reading this post should give creedence to your claims?

Before you answer that, however, why not show us your Bible knowledge by responding to the passages posted at your request.

All I see is someone wanting to spout more before they leave after not addressing the issues they raised.

If that sounds harsh, sorry.

You asked for evidence and then you decline to deal with it while making a dramatic exit.

That just doesn't impress me much.

Bart
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Light of Life
Acquainted Member

Post by Light of Life »

See what you think is blashphame is truth to me. This is why i don't beleive jesus was God. He had the power to do these things from the father who sent him. By his grace. Which if you actually know what grace is makes perfect sence. So say i blapheme, ok but when it comes down to it, I try to hold God #1 priority in my life. I understand God. I learn from him because i read the word and live accordingly. Most people however don't even feel it is nessecary to follow the ten commandments, if you are one of them i will give you plenty of scripture that will tell you that it is absolutly nessecary. And again i ask you all Who do you think is going to Hell?
August
Old School
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by August »

All, I think that the original question regarding the deity of Jesus has been dealt with sufficiently, and this thread is going decidely off-topic.

If anyone wants to proceed with a discussion on the doctrines of grace, I suggest you start a new thread.

Topic locked.
Acts 17:24-25 (NIV)
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. [25] And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else."

//www.omnipotentgrace.org
//christianskepticism.blogspot.com